Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cal. Charger (update) steering

Finally got the front suspension and steering figured out! the problem I was having was when I tilted the axle back to get the right caster like it should have the axle pivoted alot when you turn the wheels, had to figure out how to get movement and hold the weight of the car, tried fooling with a torsion bar like the real ones but just didnt have any luck, everything I used was either too stiff to hold the weight and not flex or too weak and moved but not support the weight so I cheated and

installed a rod from the front crossmember to the axle ,seems to work great and the body hides the rod, thanks for looking

http://public.fotki.com/vitagedragfan/charger-update-steering/

beautiful indeed!!! love it dude keep the sh*t up bro

This is just beautiful. Wow! I am very impressed. very clean and nice work. I love the blue on the chassis and engine. what color is that? keep up the great work on this.

Thanks fella's was alot of head scratching, but i am happy with it for my first time workin with brass, not sure what color is is Chris, just somethin I picked out at work, DuPont B/C