Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bonnie and Clyde update #2

jerseyjunker1

Would it really have rust at this point or is that the dirt?

its road dirt.

the car was new it would not have any rust. :) you are right tho. THE MORE I LOOK AT THE PICTURES I THINK I DID PUT TO MUCH DIRT. I THINK I WILL REMOVE ABOUT HALF OF IT

Edited by jerseyjunker1

It looks great I think you are right though it kinda looks like it has been driven through mud, I would go a little more subtle on the dirt. From all of the pictures I've seen of the real car the road looked pretty dry. I would go with just a light dusting on the wheels, tires and finders with an air brush or dry brushing myself. Will you be putting the car on a base?

It looks great I think you are right though it kinda looks like it has been driven through mud, I would go a little more subtle on the dirt. From all of the pictures I've seen of the real car the road looked pretty dry. I would go with just a light dusting on the wheels, tires and finders with an air brush or dry brushing myself. Will you be putting the car on a base?

i am doing two of these and they will both be on a diorama setting.here are a few pictures with most of the mud removed. i think its better this way. i will post more pictures later.

bampclessdirt1_zpsdd0ae364.jpg

bampclessdirt4_zpse778564b.jpg

Yeah that's just right it looks like it's been driven I'm looking forward to seeing the finished diorama. How did you do the bullet holes?

tiny gun. :D

actually on the metal two different size dremel bits. one for the small hole the other to make the bullet dent then after the car is painted i put a little silver paint in each hole. for the glas i laminate real very thin glass the with a small punch i tap the holes where i need them.