Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

Here are some new updated pics. of my build.

I had to strip the paint due to some major cracking issues and start over. The new paint used is Krylon black and True blue gloss. The white is hand painted using a Testors paint marker.

The decals are a mixture of decals from different sets including some Nascar, Slixx, and JWTBM sheets. The only thing left is the lightning bolts that will positioned on the roof and the front end. They are being processed onto decal film now and should be ready to go by the end of the week. Then I can get the clear coats added.

Stay tuned for more.

DSC08359-vi.jpg

DSC08360-vi.jpg

DSC08361-vi.jpg

DSC08362-vi.jpg

DSC08363-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More engine detail. The engine is now mounted in the chassis with added fuel lines from Pro Tech, the best braided line in the business. The fuel cell, oil dump tubes, spark plug covers and electronic sensor wiring has also been added.

At this rate I should meet the deadline.

DSC08367-vi.jpg

DSC08368-vi.jpg

DSC08370-vi.jpg

DSC08371-vi.jpg

DSC08372-vi.jpg

DSC08374-vi.jpg

And in this photo here you can see the steering linkage. Although there is no way to show it in a still picture this linkage really works all the way down to the front steering.

DSC08375-vi.jpg

Stay tuned for the final touches, soon.

did

go back to that topic and do a full edit, and right under the topic header where you type there is a link to where you can manage a poll, click on it and then click add a poll question, then add as many poll choices as needed.