Model Cars Magazine Forum

AeroWarriers Community Build

Mr. Moparman

THE AEROWARRIOR COMMUNITY BUILD RULES

Timeframe

Wendsday July 27, 2011- January 1, 2012

1. The car MUST be an aero-car. Examples would be the '69 Dodge Charger 500, '69 Charger Daytona, '70 Superbird, etc.

2. The model must be done stock or as the car would have looked on a race track.

3. BMF, Spark Plug wiring, Ride Height ajustments ARE ALLOWED! Anything that would deviate from the stock look of the models IS NOT ALLOWED.

When you enter, your name will be placed below this post like this,

1. Mississppi Resins

• '70 Plymouth Superbird

The "Under Glass" Thread is located here,

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46535

That's about it! Have Fun!

Edited by Mississippi Resins

What about the Talladegas and Cyclones?

They didn't have wings but neither did the 500. It was a fastback. But they were part of the aero wars of the late sixties, which, according to your examples may have been what you originally intended.

You might even open it up to all those 'special' cars they created so they could run the body mods in racing like the Monte Carlo aeroback.

Just a thought. Your CB, your rules.

not trying to stir the pot, just offering suggestions.

What about the Talladegas and Cyclones?

They didn't have wings but neither did the 500. It was a fastback. But they were part of the aero wars of the late sixties, which, according to your examples may have been what you originally intended.

You might even open it up to all those 'special' cars they created so they could run the body mods in racing like the Monte Carlo aeroback.

Just a thought. Your CB, your rules.

not trying to stir the pot, just offering suggestions.

As long as it's an aero-car, it's okey.

I might enter this with a '69 Charger Daytona, but as far as Winged Warriors, shouldn't that only include the '69 Charger Daytona and the '70 Plymouth Superbird? Those are the only cars that actually come to mind when you hear the term honestly. As stated above, the 500 (or other cars) didn't have an aero nosecone or a 3ft tall rear spoiler (sure there was the Torino King Cobra, but that didn't make it to production and it didn't have a tall rear spoiler). I don't mind building it stock, but will that include factory only paint schemes as well? So only colors that were available in 1969 on the Daytona, and only 1970 colors for the Superbird, including only black or white vinyl tops on the Plymouth? Just wanting to clarify, because this sounds like a neat build but I wish I could use some modern wheels and tires LOL. I suppose for the build I could use stock ones, and then switch it later :lol:

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

Seriously, though...I do have a question. Since all of these cars were modded specifically for NASCAR, wouldn't it make sense to let people include replicas of the actual stock cars from this era? It would boost participation, and would complete the circle between the real reason the cars were made at all (racing) and the only-made-em-cuz-we-had-to street cars...

Like this car, for example? :lol::lol::D

110406200420Entrance20to20museum-large.jpg

I might enter this with a '69 Charger Daytona, but as far as Winged Warriors, shouldn't that only include the '69 Charger Daytona and the '70 Plymouth Superbird? Those are the only cars that actually come to mind when you hear the term honestly. As stated above, the 500 (or other cars) didn't have an aero nosecone or a 3ft tall rear spoiler (sure there was the Torino King Cobra, but that didn't make it to production and it didn't have a tall rear spoiler). I don't mind building it stock, but will that include factory only paint schemes as well? So only colors that were available in 1969 on the Daytona, and only 1970 colors for the Superbird, including only black or white vinyl tops on the Plymouth? Just wanting to clarify, because this sounds like a neat build but I wish I could use some modern wheels and tires LOL. I suppose for the build I could use stock ones, and then switch it later :lol:

Any paint is allowed, and any aero-car. But the title stays the same.

A little o/t, but have any of y'all ever DRIVEN an aero car? Especially a Daytona or Superbird? I have, and I'll tell ya, that nose goes on forever when veiwed from the drivers seat.

Nope, never had and probably never will, unless I get my own aero-car.

I got to ride in an F6 Green '69 Charger Daytona last year around the Michigan International Speedway after a car show, and man was it a rush!!! The owner (a family friend) only got it up to 80 or 85 during the straightaways, but on the high banks it was both a little scary and lots of fun!! Even if I never save enough money to own a Charger Daytona or a Superbird, I can still enter a car in that show and drive a few laps around the track :D

100_0357.jpg

On a side note, is anyone else going to join this Community Build? If not then I'm just gonna build my Daytona either another time or build it how I want to, and it won't be a NASCAR or Factory Stock :P

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...