Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom build of progress thread ENDDATE JANUARY 31/09

sdrodder

I am still slowly working on mine just had to strp the paint on the interiorI wanted white and bought some new testors in the bottle and after a couple weeks it turned yellow . I also started a new project and got busy with that .now I am back working on the Custom.

Can I play In the sand box too? I have a '57 chevy Ive been working on for a few months, I dont have any work up pictures and It's really not done, by any means, It's a mild kustom, I do have pictures now, of the paint, Inteior, and a few mock ups, anyway I would like to submit It If It's ok?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see ya back sdrodder! :lol:

My 53 F100 was put on hold after I botched the top-chop :) .

Oh well glad I had a few more of them laying around. Last month at work was a busy one.

We do our inventory in November and it makes for some long days. Now that it has passed, I'll dig the p/u back out, and start on it again this weekend.

I was digging through some of my old magazines and found some pics of a pretty cool 54 that I'm going to base mine on. One site I ran across (and didn't think to save it, probably never find it again :rolleyes: ) showed the white 54 as it exists now. It is being restored. My version won't be a replica of this truck, as there were some things on it that I didn't care for.

At one time I thought about doing a replica of Barris' "WildKat" pickup. When AMT came out with the 53 F100 George was on their "Customizing Consultants" team. Because of this most of the customizing goodies are already in the kit. Different rear roll pan, tail lights, wheels and tires are the only items that need to be procured. I decided to save the "WildKat" for a painting exercise. While not having a terribly complicated paint job, it is doing to take some time to figure out how to lay the two colors out, and how to do the pinstriping between them.

Sorry for the long post, (insomnia sucks ;) !) I'll try to get some in progress pics in this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...