Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

And weren't the General Lee's doors welded shut? Wasn't that part of the "character" of the car... that the guys always got in and out through the windows? Yet you made a point of showing how you opened the doors on your model. :P

Hey, it's your model, build it your way, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. But when you say you're trying to build the most accurate General Lee that you can, be prepared for people to notice when what you're doing isn't all that accurate. I'm just trying to explain why you're getting the "nit picking," as you called it.

Well in the newest movie as well as the show the car had operating doors until it was wrecked. Then they fixed the car but didn't have enought time to repair the hinges hence the welded shut doors. So what i think is he's building the general pre wreck so thats why the doors work.

Also everyone else thats picking apart his grammar why not keep it build related. This isn't school so theres really no need to bash on grammar here. If its too bad to read then leave or let the pics do the talking. End of story.

Well in the newest movie as well as the show the car had operating doors until it was wrecked. Then they fixed the car but didn't have enought time to repair the hinges hence the welded shut doors. So what i think is he's building the general pre wreck so thats why the doors work.

Also everyone else thats picking apart his grammar why not keep it build related. This isn't school so theres really no need to bash on grammar here. If its too bad to read then leave or let the pics do the talking. End of story.

I defer to the experts. Hey, I've never seen one minute of the show or any of the movies... but I did think the gimmick was that the doors were supposedly welded shut. Guess I was wrong.

I was never a fan of the show, but I think it was also mentioned...either directly in the show or in the PR materials...that the General was a retired Grand National stock car which would have had the doors welded shut.

That's not correct either. I don't recall the name of the episode, but it shows the Gl's engine in the barn and the shot is far enough away that you can only make out the chrome breather and valve covers. So that way you don't know it was a big block car or not. Diamond thieves had the black Charger and wrecked it in a chase with police and hid the diamonds under the dash above the factory radio. The car was towed to a junk yard where the boys found it and bought it after pooling there money together. They show them welding the doors shut in Cooter's garage and hand painting the numbers and flag on it. It was orange cause they found the paint in the garage. Then later in the scene the thieves escape jail and go looking for the car to get the diamonds and during a car chase they fall out from under the dash.

I defer to the experts. Hey, I've never seen one minute of the show or any of the movies... but I did think the gimmick was that the doors were supposedly welded shut. Guess I was wrong.

well the part where the doors worked was brief. i see where your coming from bro everytime i think of that car its with the doors welded

That's not correct either. I don't recall the name of the episode, but it shows the Gl's engine in the barn and the shot is far enough away that you can only make out the chrome breather and valve covers. So that way you don't know it was a big block car or not. Diamond thieves had the black Charger and wrecked it in a chase with police and hid the diamonds under the dash above the factory radio. The car was towed to a junk yard where the boys found it and bought it after pooling there money together. They show them welding the doors shut in Cooter's garage and hand painting the numbers and flag on it. It was orange cause they found the paint in the garage. Then later in the scene the thieves escape jail and go looking for the car to get the diamonds and during a car chase they fall out from under the dash.

DW that episode is Episode 1 season 7 "Happy Birthday General Lee"

and in that episode Uncle Jesse asks Bo why he's welding the doors shut, to which replies "you weld the doors shut on a racecar for safety"

and it was Gold dust DW.

Nick

DW that episode is Episode 1 season 7 "Happy Birthday General Lee"

and in that episode Uncle Jesse asks Bo why he's welding the doors shut, to which replies "you weld the doors shut on a racecar for safety"

and it was Gold dust DW.

Nick

Wait a minute!!! So in the show the doors were (supposedly) welded shut, like I said. You just contradicted what you said earlier!

Wait a minute!!! So in the show the doors were (supposedly) welded shut, like I said. You just contradicted what you said earlier!

No, no ,no ,no Harry I never said within the show that they supposedly weren't I said in real life they were not, carefully read my posts.

Nick

If you watch the first season 2nd episode in "Daisy's Song", Waylon Jennings explains about the dang doors on the General Lee :angry:

Waylon said something to this effect "The reason why they craw in through the windows is because the doors on a racecar are welded shut" meaning the General was a racecar. Plus in the episode also in the very early first season in the episode "Repo Man" Waylon also commented that the General was a dirt track racer.

The grammar was poor enough in some of the previous posts that it made them difficult to read. Also, taking the time to construct sentences and checking spelling can be viewed as good manners and shows respect to fellow members. This may be more noticeable to those from a generation who didn't grow up with the internet or texting, but decent English still is an effective tool for communication and worth the minimal extra effort. :angry:

Also, how can a man that has not ever watch the show can even comment on the info about the cars? LOL

That's why I give up! :angry:

But you "experts" are putting forth contradicting information... first you say the doore were not welded shut... then you cite an episode where they make it clear the doors were welded shut... :blink:

The grammar was poor enough in some of the previous posts that it made them difficult to read. Also, taking the time to construct sentences and checking spelling can be viewed as good manners and shows respect to fellow members. This may be more noticeable to those from a generation who didn't grow up with the internet or texting, but decent English still is an effective tool for communication and worth the minimal extra effort. :blink:

True dat! Ironically, the only group to which grammar, spelling, respect and good manners are not important is the group that possesses none.

This thread is but the periodic reminder that in polite society, one cannot discuss religion, politics or the Dukes of Hazzard.

:angry:

Sorry I tried to help.

Nick Winter

Charter Member: North American General Lee Fan Club.

nick sry .. but what you tryed to do was tell me how inaccurate my build was .. when i just started the thing .. but me an you are good..

but if i was building an accurate general lee . ( witch there isnt one ). i would ask an take some of ur advice.

Ok i know the general lee has been done over an over ... But im a big general fan, well its my dream car .. so untill i get one im going to build the most detailed general lee as i possibly can . B)

Your exact words quoted verbatim.

My mistake, you said most detailed, not most accurate.