Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Chevy down LOW ! 3/23/15 , UP DATE ,shot some color on today .

Well I got the 77 GMC plow kit and I,m doing it as a Chevy that will be on the ground ! .so far I,v cut out the inner fenders on the cab [will be making new ones ] shaved the top of the inner bed sides to raise the bed floor so it can be dropped . will be doing a custom interior so the stock one fitting into the cab with the back part already on wont be a problem . will be using as much of the stock frame as I can , this will be an full custom show truck that can be driven on the street ,

2d82fcw.jpg

mhegbl.jpg

2ylr974.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

Looks cool Blair! I built one of these a long time ago. Not as low as yours and with the GMC grille. A friend wanted it and made an offer I couldn't refuse. I have a '62 F-100 bagged and body dropped project. But, I got a little burned out on all of the scratch building and it's in limbo at the moment. Maybe this will give me some motivation.

Got most of every thing in primer and body work done ,made the interior ,floor seats center consul with sub ,door panels still have to finish the speaker forms and dash ,made a cowl induction hood , will be in color soon !

21ad07r.jpg

dqrxip.jpg

2sadtt5.jpg

10icf3m.jpg

2hxohvo.jpg

2hq80a9.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

What did you use to darken the door gaps and do you have any pics on how you made the interior so that you were able to install it after the cab had been assembled?? I have this one on the shelf but have read that the inter goes in before the cab can be assembled?

Andy , the floor pan was made from scratch so that i could put it in after the cab was assembled , I don,t have any tips other than I made it just a bit shorter then the kit floor pan ,used a strip of [ L ] styrine along the back so it would not go to far up in to the cab , the floor pan and door panels and dash are all separate , so the dash will go in first then the door panels and then the floor pan , it took some planning but that is how I did it , the floor pan is not as wide as the one for the kit but the door panels will take up the gap .I.m sorry I don,t keep my measurements of what I,m making there are just to meany to keep track of ,

Edited by bpletcher55