Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is this permitted on Model Cars Forum?

Nick Winter

I say Scale Auto, or SAE loud and proud. Had I not seen the June 1992 issue, I may have never returned to the hobby.

For me it was the 1988 aftermarket issue! I was in Boston and found the issue in a bookstore. I didn't sleep at all that night. I read the issue cover to cover! In the back there was a classified ad (someone's free ad for subscribing) advertising the Tri-State Scale Model Car Club. The Earth must have shook a little when I replied to that ad, my life has not been the same since! :lol:

I don't get the flack guys post here and on other boards about one magazine or the other. I subscribe to both. I enjoy both. I know the editors of both personally. I know so many of the writers that I hear their voices as I read their articles. The hobby would be a bit poorer if either stopped printing.

It's fine. Put it in the Trades section.

Thank you! Thought it would be better to ask first.

I subscribe to one and buy The other every new issue, I love the old articles in SAE, And half the people who wrote them are active members here which is great when I'm curious and want more info about an article they wrote.

Nick

I have years and years of old SAE's in mint condition that I'd love to trade off. I have a list if you're interested.

Post that in the Trades section, not here.

yeah, for some reason Jim keeps calling this the 'darkside'...lol

Don't really care what he calls us.