Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good start Jeff ! And its a Trumpeter!! What's the parts count on that kit anyway? Aww man PE is the best! At first its a little tricky but you learn after a little bit just like anything else. If you don't already have one get some PE bending pliers and the superglue in the gel form. There aint nothin worse than trying to install a little PE part with regular super glue. When I built my Eduard Fw190 A8/R2 Royal Class kit there were 6 sheets of that stuff that came in the box.

Example given here:

steppingstones-1.jpg

This is truly a kit for somebody who is LOVE with PE!

Edited by mustang1989

Keep using it you'll come to really like it. The possibilities for true detail are endless. I tried my first PE pieces in 1998 when I first heard of the stuff and it was hit or miss. Then I tried it again in 06 with a little resin to go along with it and again it was a limited success. After I got on model forums early last year and started learning how to work with it I got a little better and nowadays although I still have a lot to learn , I feel a lot more comfortable with it. More often than not pure luck comes into play when installing or bending a piece. Particularly pilots seat belts!!!! Yeesh!

• 2 weeks later...