Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

I will be having the same Photobucket problem very soon, but my Bandwidth And Storage are both almost full. I'm not too crazy about upgrading my account, but maybe that's the only way. Dang.

Luckily I was able to check these latest updates before this happened, incredible work again, as always! The engine is looking good already and with some more work, I bet it will be perfectly done when installed between those frame rails. Nice and clean Hobby Room, too. I think it's better not to show my own mess... :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Jim... I do appreciate you giving that path that allowed me to get rid of the ads.

Ray... Thank you buddy

Joe... Thank you very much for the kind words. I have been trying to make each piece of this build the best that I can

Well fellas.... I Wanted to give you an update. I haven't had much build time for the past two weeks, actually haven't been at the hobby bench at all. I am actually in California visiting family but I did bring the funny car to work on. I do have the heads just about ready for paint. I have filled all of the pin holes and need to add another coat or two of primer and they are ready to go. I also have started working on the engine block with filling pin holes. I will be doing a little bit of work on this later today and hopefully have a few progress pics to share later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellas.... Now I know its been a while for an update on this build. Sorry to keep everyone waiting. I have been in California for almost a month visiting family and friends. So needless to say I haven't really gotten to get any bench time in lately. I did bring my Funny car with me to show my parents and a couple of friends. I even brought some supplies in hopes that I would be able to tinker a little on it while up here.

Then last weekend while up in my parents house in Redding California. I had to take my dog in for an Emergency surgery. He ended up getting Bloat/Twisted Stomach and needed surgery immedietly. I am just so thankful that there was a 24 hour vet up there and we got him there early from when this started happening with him acting weird. By us getting him to the vet so quickly they were able to save him and fix the twisted stomach. The good news was that he had no damage to any of his organs. The vet told me that if he didn't have the emergency surgery I could of lost him to this. My dog is my buddy and just love him to death. Its amazing how attached we can get to our pets. But I am heading back to Phoenix in a couple of days and when I get back my vet will be taking my boys stitches out.

I did want to share just a couple of progress pics. its not much but I have made a tiny bit of progress. I was able to get all of the pin holes filled and the heads prepped with primer. I think I want to lightly scuff with scotch-brite one more time and shoot one last coat of primer before I paint the heads black. I also started on getting some of the pin holes on the block filled and some primer sprayed to check the progress on it.

Here is the Heads in primer:

DP-Army-Vega3928-1_zps40d369ff.jpg

Here is one end of the heads with the pin holes filled:

DP-Army-Vega3927-1_zpsc6dd92c3.jpg

Here is the other end of the heads:

DP-Army-Vega3926-1_zps67bfd938.jpg

Here is the start of the block, I still have more work to do on this but wanted to share anyway:

DP-Army-Vega3929-1_zps1743fc9a.jpg

WOW all I can say is Jim is definitely a stand up guy when it comes to concerns. Jim not only do you impress me with your work but also with your customer service in helping out the small guy with concerns with your end product! This is what keeps the regular repeat customers coming back and new ones waiting in the wings to have you create parts for them.

Sorry Chris, I just had to commend Jim for everything he has done.

I know i am way late as i am taking my time to savor and get through this topic, but couldn't agree with you more! I had bought several rotor and rotor hats for my TF bike and some didn't work as we expected and Jim offered to redo them for me. The good news is that the order to replicate a few more of the bikes seems to have fallen through and so I didn't bug Jim with it. However, the fact that he was willing to do it was VERY stand-up! He even drilled out some beed-locks for me after I had forgotten to specify that in another order.

WOW! This is turning out just amazing. If it's not too big a trouble, could you please if you can, throw a quickie mold on every single solitary part on this beauty. Just the things that are between the front bumper to the end of the wheelie bar, just those areas would be cool, a great boon to modeldom for the ages. If ya wanna, just sayin'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone I am sorry I haven't posted much or any updates lately. I haven't really been able to get much bench time lately. Life has been a little busy and crazy but some of you probably didn't know that I have been out of work for a little while and I am glad to say that I started a new job this week even though it is only a 3 week contract but better than nothing at this point.

Anyway I am glad to say that I will be back at the work bench on this build tomorrow. I have been itching to get back to the hobby bench and can't wait to make some more progress. Hopefully I have some stuff to share with you tomorrow. I apologize I haven't been around on the boards much lately.