Model Cars Magazine Forum

1952 Chevy Custom update Done 2-5

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a update on this build.

I'm in the final stage of painting the body I laid the final coat last night. I will need to let it dry for a week or so wet sand than clear cote it and polish. Photos to follow for this.

Finished the engine see below photos and ordered some gray flocking to match the interior.

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE UPDATE.

Installing the firewall and filling the gaps.

IMG_3725_zpsa67832dc.jpg

After primer

IMG_3728_zpseab9bb00.jpg

Parts with final primer coating ready to paint

IMG_3727_zps381ec2e1.jpg

Cab ready for paint

IMG_3730_zps2b2a89e6.jpg

Love that shade of blue. Perfect fit for that truck IMO. Really nice engine work also.

Thank you for the nice comments. The color is Dupli-Color Intense Blue Pearl (PB3) I am hoping after clear coat and polishing it will have a bit more POW to it.

Okay time for a update

Installed engine onto frame, ran fuel line, ran battery cables, built the exhaust system and installed. Decaled tires and installed wheels, added electric fan onto the radiator and made hoses.

Paint is still not cleared or buffed yet had to add another coat of paint it had one dust spec in it that went to the primer :angry:

Hope you enjoy the photos

IMG_0019_zps952493bf.jpg

IMG_0029_zps3daf232a.jpg

IMG_0028_zps2580a3bf.jpg

IMG_0031_zps02fdf029.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsd5bef8f4.jpg

Do you think the rear tire is sitting to forward??

IMG_0026_zps085d64ea.jpg

IMG_0024_zps5ddd8c62.jpg

Really nice work! Love it! I think either the rear wheel needs to come back a little or possibly the bed needs to come forward. The bed/cab gap looks a little large to me but it may just be the angle of the pic. either way, it's a top notch truck!

The real wheels do look a little forward but, the bed looks like it has some room to move forward too so, i think it might balance out. Everything looks great...fantastic even. But I do have a question. I thought the 52 was going to have the vents in front of the doors eliminated?

Thank you everyone I have adjusted the wheels back a little bit. I will post some updates later when I have some time to take photos.

The real wheels do look a little forward but, the bed looks like it has some room to move forward too so, i think it might balance out. Everything looks great...fantastic even. But I do have a question. I thought the 52 was going to have the vents in front of the doors eliminated?

In my research only the drivers side vent was removed but I'm not 100%. But in this case the 1-1 has a vent on the passenger side but not on the drivers side.

2012-10-20_18-41-29_695_zps64f64d6a.jpg

I like what your doing. The engine is very nice. I would like to know why the lower cab corner was removed though?

That's the way that the kit comes. I think it's so that it's easier to get the interior in. It will fit if you put the corners on first but it is tight.

Thank you everyone I have adjusted the wheels back a little bit. I will post some updates later when I have some time to take photos.

In my research only the drivers side vent was removed but I'm not 100%. But in this case the 1-1 has a vent on the passenger side but not on the drivers side.

2012-10-20_18-41-29_695_zps64f64d6a.jpg

That's definitely something unique to give it character. I guess I assumed the driver side wasn't shaved since I saw it on the passenger side.

That's the way that the kit comes. I think it's so that it's easier to get the interior in. It will fit if you put the corners on first but it is tight.

This is correct it doesn't come installed because you wouldn't be able to get the interior in at all if was in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a update I made some good headway in the last few days.

I finished clear coating, polishing and waxing. I made the truck bed but still need to clear coat and wax. Finished up the interior except for the seat belts. As soon as I get the seat belts done its time for final assembly.

Here are some photos

Truck bed strips installed

IMG_0034_zpseaaf213e.jpg

Truck bed strips with bare metal foil installed

IMG_0042_zps3c295abe.jpg

Truck bed with wood installed but not cleared yet

IMG_0045_zps09b61774.jpg

Photo of the interior almost done

IMG_0046_zps65d3bf85.jpg