Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevy Chevelle Baldwin/Motion

Car Crazy 81

Heres my latest project that im working on alongside my Grumpys Toy build. Revell did a great job with this kit even though most of the pieces are the old school Monogram issue. The downside of this kit is the inaccurate wheels & valve covers to correct that i'd used a set of wheels from a Revell 69 Baldwin/ Motion Corvette kit and the valve covers from a AMT 70 Baldwin/Motion Camaro even though the Camaro is a 1:25 scale close enough.

Heres a couple of pics.

1970ChevyChevelleBaldwinampMotion6.jpg

1970ChevyChevelleBaldwinampMotion2.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

The kits frame is a nice casting theres a couple of things that needed attention the crude molded-in so called coil springs & the copyrighting. So i'd drilled out the stubs that were supposedly coil springs and used my Dremel to burr out the copyrighting and filled in the burr marks with spot filler. I'd used a set of coil springs from a Monogram 64 GTO kit.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking good there Rick. B) :) Love the colour actually, it suits very nicely.

Great work with that decal too, it gave me "fits" getting it to work on my 69 Nova. :wacko:

You had me drawn in as soon as I saw the MOTION in the topic line, as you can tell by my avatar. :D