Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

Well I finished the mini up, yea not one of my better builds, I am going to change the tires .

mc-1.jpg

Almost done with the 360, I really made a mess of this one trying to finish it up, I almost dont want to post pics of it.

360fs.jpg

360f.jpg

360s.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

So got something done today. Not mutch thou. Started to widen the mudguards, and had to test fit the engine. Its a Audi dtm engine and it will be a tight fit but we ll use some grease and a shoehorn :). But enuff said here are some pics.

Vnstersida.jpg

Hgersida.jpg

motor.jpg

More to come

Thanks , but I took the pics on the good side :lol: , I like DTM cars, and I have been wanting to do some DTM and GT cars, its on my list for next year, I am looking forward to seeing this build . The tires and wheels for the 360 I think are on the slow boat from japan

Patami, what are your plans for this one?

Thank you guys for your kind words. Forgot to mention erlier that the Volvo is ofcourse a Airtrax resin kit. Bout it for 22.73 dollars at a modelshow. As an cast error kit. So that means thers some issues like varying thikness on the body and florpan. But nothing to big that cant be sorted out.

Patami, what are your plans for this one?
Pretty mutch an old body and new intterior and new drivetrain.

Like what I see so far Patami. I have built one of the Audi DTM kits, that engine should be cool in your Volvo B).

I havent desided yet if i go wiht the v8 or if i gonna try and make it look like the Volvo B 27 v6. What do you guys think Audi V 8 or Volvo V6?

By the way your builds look cool too.

Edited by patami

Sorry for the pic have to try and get a better one. The only can i got is a mobile cam. :unsure: Should be a little bit better pic now. Sorry for the large sitze.

The wheels are from the Audi DTM kit whit some tyres i bought of a guy.

Edited by patami

This is an easy CBP for me since 70% of what I build are imports anyway and I am on a tear right now. Here are a few pics of in process builds. I may finish one or all for this build. It just depends on when it closes! :D

This is the Testors/Italeri Mercedes 540K Cabriolet B. I just got the multi-piece body together and smoothed the seam and redid the side trim. This will be out of the box in a 2 tone blue with black top and tan leather interior.

DSCN0875-vi.jpg

This is the worst engineered kit of all time but also one of the cooler cars of all time - Heller Mercedes 540K Special Roadster. The body comes in two halves and the doors and hood sides are chromed. It was stupid! I am molding the doors shut and redoing the trim. It will be Silver and a copy of the car that was in Harrah's collection for many years.

DSCN0876-vi.jpg

I already have built about 10 Minis from Tamiya and Fujimi and I am not stopping for a while! here is the next one. It is a Scalekraft pickup. It will be built stock. I haven't decided on markings but it will be a commercial vehicle.

DSCN0880-vi.jpg

I'm a fan of big wheels too, but I think the fronts are too big for the car (never thought I'd say that ;) )

You dont mean that the rear are to big? To me they apear a little on the big side. The front are a little bit like Volvo turbine wheels :)