Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

Cien1986

lately i manage to paint the outer body shell,

in body painting process i spray the black colour about 2 layer then i wet sand it

then lay another black paint coat before putting clear coat

offcourse not forget to lay some decal before clear coating

:D

this is the semi finished body shell not yet pollish

IMG-20130703-00133.jpg

then i continue the polishing job " difficult to work with and very time consuming my first experience"

the step i use is wet sanding with #2500 sand paper then polishing it with #3000 polishing compound

lastly final polishing job is turtle wax polishing compound

turtle_wax_polishing_compound_T417.jpg

IMG-20130703-00132.jpg

IMG-20130704-00136.jpg

this is the back side which is not yet pollish

IMG-20130703-00134.jpg

its shiny because of new clear coat but it not reflect the light well

you can see the ligh reflection is blurry not like the picture before

it reflect the light and the object clearly

after seeing this it give me motivation to polish all the clear coat surface

and all the hard work worth the effort

thanks for the viewing and comments

Edited by Cien1986

The hood is not complete yet... i completely ruin the paint job on the first try... thanks to my rushing habit.....

so i Completely remove the paint job together with the surfacer ....

and i need to start the painting job step by step again.... lucky me........ :wacko:

Great progress but sorry to hear about the hood. The wheels look magnificent. Are the headlight covers the clear parts that came with the kit? If so, did they fit that well or did you have to shape them? I've built this kit a couple times and didn't have the foresight to test fit those covers and then found they did not fit and didn't bother using them.

Great progress but sorry to hear about the hood. The wheels look magnificent. Are the headlight covers the clear parts that came with the kit? If so, did they fit that well or did you have to shape them? I've built this kit a couple times and didn't have the foresight to test fit those covers and then found they did not fit and didn't bother using them.

Dear Curtis...

Big thanks for the comment... :D

actually the head lamp cover i used came with kit...

yes they not fit really well

in my opinion... the problem is headlamp cover doesn't have any knockdown system or edge to allow the cover to sit perfectly on the body

so the trick i use is

using CA glue but adjustable below 1 minutes (not instant bond) i put the glue on the body part on the edge of the head lamp shell not the head lamp cover

So you can adjust the cover to sit perfectly right and yet not fall down because the strength of CA glue..

it work just fine with me

Important you must use solvent free ca glue so it can use on any clear part and clear coat safe and dry perfectly clear

i use UHU Super strong and safe Solvent free it dries clear. i always use it on clear part....

:D

Edited by Cien1986

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is some great work Henry. Did you manage to fix your windshield? I am looking forward to seeing this one finished.

i just receive the wind shield, but the material is vacu-form with Photo etched, don't know it will looks great or not, but i will try to fix it.......