Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Racing Miniatures to Re-releaseChris Etzel's Speed Classic kits

I was talking to Lance Sellers at the memorabilia show at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He had some of his Indy car kits, and we started talking about Chris Etzel kits. He told me that someone has the molds and is going to be re-releasing his kits. I forgot the persons name, but know he isn't new to resin. I have 3 of the Etzel kits, but now they're to expensive. With the re-release they won't be anymore. When I get more information on I'll post it.

I got great news, Chris Etzel's Speed Classic kits are going to re-issued. If you haven't seen one of these resin kits, I can assure you there are none better.

The new company is called American Racing Miniatures and they intend to release all of Etzel's old kits in the next 12-18 months. And they will be at NNL East.

Wow. I shouldn't have paid eBay prices for three Stutz Blackhawk LSRs. No sour grapes here, though. It's great that everyone will have the chance to get these kits again. I'm looking forward to getting some of the Millers and Duesenbergs.

Edited by LDO

they are...I got one. that's what kinda gave me pause when I saw this topic because I thought if anyone was going to do them it might be reps and mins, but he is probably too busy to take it on. whatever its gonna be great to have those kits available again; I wanted to buy one or more but just never got in the right place (in front of me) at the right time (with money burning a hole in my pocket).

jb

That was my problem . I was busy raising kids when they came out the first time.When I finally had money, he wasn't making kits.Well now I can buy the ones I don't have.

I always wanted the Stutz more than any other, and got beat at least once by Lee on ebay, probably more than that for one. I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I should put them up on the trade section, if there is any interest. I don't build Indy type cars. They are nice, but not my thing

You should post a list of what you've got, as there are more than a few Indycar builders and collectors on this board. Myself included.