Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Mustang GT500 1/12 Scale, Hawaiian Style

Gregg

Since David Thibodeau is doing the full kit review/build of the new 1/12 Mustang Shelby GT500 in that gorgeous blue, I thought I would do mine in mean and nasty black with the white stripes.

I know, more projects! But with more "free time" now thanks to Romell, I can work on the builds, and the mag, without having to babysit anymore.

post-3-0-42594100-1314945051_thumb.jpg

I agree Stump. I am pretty sure there will be aftermarket parts available soon, but I haven't heard any official word yet. If I mess up the clear coat on the black, I may end up redoing the stripes, and doing them in a dark metallic grey, or flat black like I did my 2010 Mustang GT Convertible. I do miss that car sometimes, it was fun for the year I had it. Didn't like filling it up every five days though.

post-3-0-06949700-1315038160_thumb.jpg

I agree Stump. I am pretty sure there will be aftermarket parts available soon, but I haven't heard any official word yet. If I mess up the clear coat on the black, I may end up redoing the stripes, and doing them in a dark metallic grey, or flat black like I did my 2010 Mustang GT Convertible. I do miss that car sometimes, it was fun for the year I had it. Didn't like filling it up every five days though.

post-3-0-06949700-1315038160_thumb.jpg

If you change the color on the stripes, how will you handle the "GT500" logo on the lower front rockers? Also keep in mind, as expensive as a 1:1 GT500 is, the stripes are vinyl and not clear coated....figure that one out......

Clear coated it today. Not too thick, just enough to protect the decals and still give it that applied over the paint look for the stripes.

The motor is painted, have to put the rest of the drivetrain together now.

post-3-0-00622200-1315123889_thumb.jpg

Nice work Gregg !!! You can't go wrong with Black. So tell us, what paints did the "da Big Kahuna" use ?

The black was rattle can Tamiya black and rattle can hardware store enamel clear

We need to make some custom wheels for this one. Maybe black centers and polished rims. What do you think?

YES!!!!!!!

Do you want the stock ones?

Gregg, could you post the pics full size, or at least 800px wide? For some reason, I can't open any of the thumbnails.

Brian, I think you have a Java issue. No, you are not missing your morning cup of coffee. I'll see if David can look into this.

DAVID!!!!