Model Cars Magazine Forum

Muscle Car Stamps

Don't know if you have seen them, but there are five American Muscle Cars in the series, and they are BEAUTIFUL. Of course, they are releasing them after the FOREVER stamps go up in price in February.

Just thought I'd alert all the stamp collectors who are also model builders. What are the chances of that combination?

Cheers, DC

No pix from USPS yet Harry, they come out in February as part of the "America On the Move" series that the USPS has been doing since around 2005. Here's what on the list: 1966 Pontiac GTO 1967 Shelby GT 500 1969 Dodge Charger 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

Just thought I'd alert all the stamp collectors who are also model builders. What are the chances of that combination?

Hey I identify with that remark. I've been a stamp collector about 40 years. The big difference between model builders and stamp collectors is that stamp collecting is that nobody tells you that you have more stamps than you will ever be able to use! The parallel is that stamp collectors are equally concerned that the young aren't entering their hobby and it's becoming an old mans game.

I don't get involved in stamp collecting as I did in the 1970s. I don't belong to clubs or go to shows. I don't follow current stamp offerings, and since they're so plentiful and of questionable subject matter, I just don't have an interest. My own collection is classic issues of the 19th and early 20th century.

MVC001F1-vi.jpg

Here's a hobby cross over piece from my stamp collection. This is an airmail envelope mailed in 1929 from the REO Motor Car Company to California. I love this old historical stuff, aside from it coming from REO, it was transported in an old prop plane like Lindberg's across the country. If it could only talk!

• 3 months later...