Model Cars Magazine Forum

A reworked piece

CB

Pretty sure I posted this some time ago here, maybe a couple years ago now?unsure.gif

The original painting, a watercolor I did for a show at the art center near where I live, was simply a circle of watercolor paper glued to an old Oldsmobubble hubcap so's I could

hang it. The show was called "The Painted Hog" and was

all kinds of cool gearhead art. embarrassedFocusowner-vi.jpgThis is the original painting that I removed from the hubcap (since nobody bought itsad.gif ) so I could scan it to get a higher resolution (my camera only does 180dpi).

purplefocus2-vi.jpgHere it is 'cleaned up' quite a bit. I realized I gotta do the originals with much more contrast. Did this on my old HP Pavillion comp with a photo editing softie called "Photo Explosion" by Nova Development. Nice easy creative softie for cheap at Staples or online. Perfect for anybody wanting to try something like PhotoShop without spending big bucks and/or trying to learn some pretty complicated procedures. I've used it for years and know it pretty well, but it's been crashing my computer as of late, and I've learned to 'save' the piece after just about every change I make.

It's maybe 1/1000th of what PhotoShop is (probably less) but still, for around $50, one can do a lot of really cool stuff, and if one is artistically inclined, they can do a whole lot of really cool stuff.

Basically what I did here after I scanned this poor Focus owner in, was to start 'selecting' areas and removing them-- all that blue sky for the greatest part. That alone made a HUGE difference. Then I started 'selecting' different areas and then pretty much just adjusted the brightness, contrast, color saturation, etc. I did add the greenies to the flames. Thought about pumping up the color on the Ford body, but am giving the old HP a bit of a rest for now.

Getting myself a hi-powered new Dell for artwork and video editing for the band I'm a part of. The band is providing Adobe's Creative Suite 4, and I can't wait to get back into my beloved PhotoShop!!! Perhaps I'll park this Focus there for awhile and 'clean' him up a little more. unsure.gif