Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

Well, a pair of kits have arrived in the Lab-RAT-ory, and I thought it'd be a great idea to start the month (and the Fall Seaon too) off with an all-out, eye-candy shoot out of the kits you build and finish (and hopefully post your progress pics) here.

Stay tuned in for a quick unveling of what's in the box (a short vid) to get everyone salivatin' and CRANKED UP!!!

Happy BUILDING, everyone. The kit should already be at your LHS ( I got mine at Hobby Town), but I've also ordered some extras from MODELROUNDUP in Atlanta.

EYEGORE loves, LOVES, the smell of fresh styrene in the morning!

Cheers, DC

I have zero hobby shops near me and I hate online shopping...

So... what exactly do you hate the most about online shopping?

Is it the convenience (open 24/7/365)?

Is it the fact that you can find the lowest price for what you want just about instantly?

Is it the fact that no matter what you are looking for, someone out there has it in stock?

Is it the fact that the stuff comes right to your door?

Just curious about which aspect of online shopping offends you the most... :blink:

Never said I was offended by online shopping. I just dont want my bank information out on the internet wich is my perogative. My personal feelings about it aside I don't see why it prompted such a sarcastic reply from you.

Not like the bank doesn't do anything on the internet, I hear most banks still use carrier pigeons to do all their communicating!!! :lol: :lol:

Never said I was offended by online shopping. I just dont want my bank information out on the internet wich is my perogative. My personal feelings about it aside I don't see why it prompted such a sarcastic reply from you.

Your information is already in more electronic databases all over the world than you ever imagined, whether you ever shopped online or not.

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, but I'm always amazed when someone in this day and age still thinks that shopping online places him or her "at risk" somehow, when the fact is that your name, SSN, address, medical, credit and criminal (if any) history, along with information regarding your driver's license, credit cards, bank accounts, work history, voting history, etc., etc., etc., is already out there! Shopping online isn't going to subject you to any more "risk" than if you go to the store and write a check or swipe your card at the register!

Unfortunately a bank account is a necessary evil. Online shopping is not.

There are no men wearing green eyeshades in a back room, sworn to secrecy, sitting in front of a large ledger book entering your bank transactions with a quill pen where your personal information will be known only to them. If you have a bank account (or a credit card), the information that you are so afraid will get out to evildoers if you shop online is already out there! May as well join the rest of us in the 21st century and enjoy the convenience and selection that online shopping brings you. Just sayin'...

Doesn't matter. It's my choice and quite frankly none of your business.

True enough. Case closed.

Thanks, Dave, that's what I'm talking about, the WIP eye candy. Bring it on.

Chuck, how about if we challenge each other to a couple of sleepless nights! You can beat me, I've got about 20 years on you. I'm an old man, c'mon!

Take the sleepless weekend challenge!

Now you see why EYEGORE worries about our Good Doctor Cranky? Not only is he crazy, but he is also boisterous about his insanity!

All for the love of one cool lady: LADY STYRENE!

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Chuck, how about if we challenge each other to a couple of sleepless nights! You can beat me, I've got about 20 years on you. I'm an old man, c'mon!

Take the sleepless weekend challenge!

No thanks.... I was up all night LAST night with a Hudson kit (jeez... that doesn't sound right does it... :wacko: ), I've been awake about two hours now and I'm still dragging. The sidewinder sleeps tonight....

LOL! I was kidding you, buddy. I need my sleep too, although it's not coming on any time soon. I worked on the body, removed the door handles, and those flairs on the front right behind each light . . . I sanded the fenders smooth, etc . . .

The more I work with this kit, the more I like it . . . the fact that the chassis fits the body so darn perfectly . . .

We'll see. I am dreaming of suede for some reason . . . ocean mist or spray color . . . foam. I don't know . . . when the time comes, the color will reveal itself, I hope.

Well, Tom, me too. I am tempted to go crazy looking for ways to customize it, but the honest truth is I like to build the thing pretty much box stock before I start experimenting just to learn my way around the kit . . . so far so good.

I still remember what happened to me at the beginning of this year with the Revell '55 Belaire kit:

I went from this:

017-vi.jpg

to this:

012-vi.jpg

to this:

024-vi.jpg

to this:

012-vi.jpg

to this:

009-vi.jpg