Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 917 Martini

935k3

Looks good, probably the baddest sports car ever built next to the 956/962.

BTW, they didn't finish the interiors with any kind of paint, just left in natural fiberglass. Porsche figured it was was a weight savings so they didn't paint anything unless they had to.

In fact, the unrestored "hippy" car is still unfinished in the interior.

Edited by CAL

Looks good, probably the baddest sports car ever built next to the 956/962.

Au contraire! My fine feathered freind! The 917 is the baddest Sports racer ever screwed together! The 956/962 may have been more successful and longer lived but it ain't as bad! It's at least my favorite! I have at least one of every 1/24th kit except for the the Profil and Lemans kits which are duplicate efforts of available Fujimi or Fisher kits. Still waiting on a PA and then I will be good to go!

Also I believe some of the 917s had gray painted interiors. Gulf, Martini and Austria had varying practices for different items. Gulf painted the frames black while Austria and Martini left them in Natural metal, etc. etc. The restored cars are every which way and make no sense.

Nice job! That Fujimi kit is a joy to build.

Au contraire! My fine feathered freind! The 917 is the baddest Sports racer ever screwed together! The 956/962 may have been more successful and longer lived but it ain't as bad! It's at least my favorite! I have at least one of every 1/24th kit except for the the Profil and Lemans kits which are duplicate efforts of available Fujimi or Fisher kits. Still waiting on a PA and then I will be good to go!

Also I believe some of the 917s had gray painted interiors. Gulf, Martini and Austria had varying practices for different items. Gulf painted the frames black while Austria and Martini left them in Natural metal, etc. etc. The restored cars are every which way and make no sense.

You might be right. Although I don't think 917s were screwed together. B) more like scotch tapped together :blink:

I'll have to agree with Andy on this one!! (But maybe that's just because I'm old!!! ;):P;) )

The only car that comes close on the "BAD" meter to the 917 in my fickle old mind is the P3!! ;);):lol: