Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT `68 Roadrunner

Missing Link sells a BEAUTIFUL dashboard conversion for this and the 69 GTX kit. Comes with a modified dashboard, with the instrument panel removed and a beautiful crystal clear instument panel display that looks GREAT! Plus, he also sells a CORRECTED version of the 68 Roadrunner tailights,cast in translucent RED resin so you can dump those cheap chrome things AMT calls tailights!

Missing Link sells a BEAUTIFUL dashboard conversion for this and the 69 GTX kit. Comes with a modified dashboard, with the instrument panel removed and a beautiful crystal clear instument panel display that looks GREAT! Plus, he also sells a CORRECTED version of the 68 Roadrunner tailights,cast in translucent RED resin so you can dump those cheap chrome things AMT calls tailights!

can somebody please get me a link to "missing link"? I cant get to any of his parts listings from the page I am going to.

Well, here's one way to contact them.

http://stores.ebay.com/Missing-Link-Resin-cast-model-cars

And are you using this link? I asked because its working fine for me.

http://www.missinglinkrc.com/

(Postscript: yeah, you're right. The parts link is verclempt.)

Nice people to work with. They sold me a rear bumper off their mid-70s Ford Mustang II separately (going to use it on my Gunze Mustang II as the one in the kit is totally wrong).

Edited by The Junkman

No, they used the "Coyote Duster" in the '68 kit (and the real car).

That "Coyote Duster" decal you're talking about didn't come out till 69. The hemi got the round chrome air cleaner for 68 and the 383 got the round black wrinkle coat air cleaner with a pie pan that said "383 road runner engine"

Well, I'm not an expert, but that Coyote Duster setup is included in the kit and I don't recall if it ever included the logo decal.

I think the underhood air induction part(s) was(were) included with all three '68-'70 AMT(MPC) B-bodies at some point, since some of the parts are shared between all three kits. I know the '90s issue '70 kit includes both underhood pieces, which are slightly different.

To be honest with ya, i don't think the Hemi came with the "Ramcharger" cold air option in 68. i don't remember ever seein one with opened hood vents. In 69 you could tell if it was cold air by the red screens in the hood vents. Just an ol fart tryin ta remember. I could be wrong.

To be honest with ya, i don't think the Hemi came with the "Ramcharger" cold air option in 68. i don't remember ever seein one with opened hood vents. In 69 you could tell if it was cold air by the red screens in the hood vents. Just an ol fart tryin ta remember. I could be wrong.

You're correct. 69 was the first year for it. Dodge called it "Ramcharger" and Plymouth called it "Air Grabber". And i'm guessing that "johnbuzzed" is calling the fresh air setup a Coyote Duster...

You're correct. 69 was the first year for it. Dodge called it "Ramcharger" and Plymouth called it "Air Grabber". And i'm guessing that "johnbuzzed" is calling the fresh air setup a Coyote Duster...

Actually, the air cleaner used in the Air Grabber system did have the "coyote duster" decal on it. And yes, the system was introduced in '69, not in '68- my mistake. You can Google Image "coyote duster" to see various images of, well, the "coyote duster" logo and it's applications.

Actually, the air cleaner used in the Air Grabber system did have the "coyote duster" decal on it. And yes, the system was introduced in '69, not in '68- my mistake. You can Google Image "coyote duster" to see various images of, well, the "coyote duster" logo and it's applications.

I'm well aware of what the decal came on. Just was a little confused on what you where referring to as what the Coyote Duster setup was.

• 2 weeks later...

My gosh I am still working on the reissues of that kit. Right now, my son & I are working on a 69 GTX conv. But the grille looks like the RR. Can't find a GTX grille in all the parts boxes (!). But I have at least 3 more variations I have picked up over the years. The stock coronet, a couple super bee P/Ses I found for $4 each at Kmart and a couple more. Plus all the parts boxes from them. I used the PS chassis under a little Red Truck, a 59 Desot Adventurer, a 68 Dart (unfinished) and more. that kit is/was the standard to replace almost any mopar chassis from that era. I probably won;t be buying any more though.

AMT used that chassis under one of the Dodge Daytona reissues on the box art. But the kit inside was still the old one piece deal. I think I set one aside to use under a 70 Charger kit, too. Great kit.

Randy

I've got maybe a half dozen or so of these left from back when they first came out . So I have serious doubts I'll be in for any new releases . UNLESS there is something drastically different ( doubt it ) to warrent a purchase.

If I do it would be for the box art only. For some reason it reminds me of the original issue AMT 1968 Torino kit .

UNLESS there is something drastically different ( doubt it ) to warrent a purchase.

I suspect Round2 will include a set of their new-ish pad printed Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, but everything else inside the box should be the same as the last reissue.

I suspect Round2 will include a set of their new-ish pad printed Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, but everything else inside the box should be the same as the last reissue.

I've been in this hobby for a long time now, so I didn't expect anything more than new box art and decals. The mfg.'s are simply trying to get more "bang" for their buck.