Model Cars Magazine Forum

The not so secret , secret build (police w/ working LEDs)

martinfan5

I was trying to do this build as secret build for Dec club theme, well the cat is out of the bag, I have a big mouth sorta speak and had to show part of it what I was working on at this months (Nov) meeting, anyways , the clubs Dec theme is Mopar Musle and lights and siren, so I have been wanting for a while now, do a police car build with working lights, so what better time to do it right?.

So got me another Lindberg Dodge Charger police kit, ordered up a bunch of LEDs and set of to make it light up :lol: , since this build is already under way, I will catch up with what I have done so far.

My goal is to keep everything looking like its kit form, so that is presenting a small challenge, but will get into that later.

Here is the first set of LED's , I have a second set on the way

led1.jpg

ppc1.jpg

ppc2.jpg

cp6-1.jpg

scb1.jpg

scb4.jpg

Here are the the light piece's that come with the kit that go on the pushbar, I decided to use them on the rear deck, I also plan on using another set I have on the pushbar with LEDs in them as well

sdc1.jpg

as you can see here, the LEDs fit perfectly inside after I cut out the bottom part

sdc2.jpg

And here you can see a mock up pic on the rear shelf, note, the LEDs are flashing, I was to capture both at the same time

sdc3.jpg

The interior is pretty much done

led4.jpg

here is the second set of LEDs for this build, I have the headlight/taillight flasher kit, and two more LEDs, the two LEDs I got are red/blue flashing, these are for the push bar

p1-81.jpg

and here is the pushbar all wired up , I messed up and drilled the holes to far over the wrong side of the leads for the LEDs, but the leads coming off fill up the holes good enough

led1-1.jpg

led2.jpg

led3.jpg