Model Cars Magazine Forum

the strip

brett

Fictitious dragstrip, going for an early eighties vibe so my 70's funny car builds will suit as well. Based on an old table top so its about 5 feet long 3 feet wide.

Dirt bank, not sure I'm happy with it yet, made out of polystyrene packing. Once the armco and fence signage goes in front it might not be so bad. An armco and fence will go on the near side as well as the control tower with maybe a grandstand. Heaps to do just started yesterday, this is really intended for a photo background for some fun shots, but all suggestions are welcomed

DSCF8020.jpg

DSCF8021.jpg

DSCF8022.jpg

DSCF8023.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys, yeah I'm working on some fencing, the track side armcos are whats giving me problems though. Still gotta do the starters box etc , heaps to do on the tower, a bunch of figures still to paint the list gos on but I'm inspired to keep working on it again now

Awesome job so far Brett. I've always wanted to do something like this but have been a bit overwhelmed with how many people I think would be needed to be convincing, but that's just me. What you've got is great and is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks guys, I'm flying to Australia tonight so wont be around for the next week and a bit (Winternationals baby). so will be scouting around some hobby shops while I'm over there for bits and pieces.

Wayne, yeah people are a big issue but so far I have around 20 more than whats displayed already. The good thing is they can be added in at any stage and I'll pin them all through their feet so can be used in other dios as needed. This isn't a permanent setup just a photo base that takes a bout 15 minutes to set up (so far). Thanks again for looking in and any comments advice etc is appreciated.

• 1 month later...