Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Nova Roadster street rod

Chuck Most

Looks like the one from the AMT '62 Corvette- I think I have one of those in my stash. Might need to set it up on the cowl and see how it looks.

Yep . That's the one .

If you have the '62 'Vette , look at the rear window too .

Front suspension is a done deal. I know there is no front spring perch- that area will be covered up by the grille, so I didn't bother. I'll have to touch up the radius arm pivots on the frame- the superglue fogged them up a bit. This is also the first good view of the seats- they're taken from an AMT '25 Model T kit.

01370006933_896004_899467615_n-vi.jpg

After wrestling a bit with how to install the alternator, I just thought 'why not have it mounted out of sight and spun by the driveshaft'?- so I just used a short belt/pulley casting to run only the water pump- still need to paint the inside of the water pump pulley.

Oil pan sits a bit closer to the ground than I'd like- not sure I can fix that- everything is mounted up pretty securely, and I'm not sure I can take parts off without breaking anything at this point.

Getting into the home stretch now...

01370006933_897556_960927086_n-vi.jpg

I think I'm going to cut a windsheild from acetate- all of the kit glass I've been trying looks to thick an has a LOT of distortion.

But anyway- headers are on, headlamps are on, drag link is on, and I should have the rad on pretty shortly, once I get the fan situation figured out.

Chuck,

For the thick glass, have you tried dipping them in Future to see if it "smooths" out the distortion? Looking good!

Tim

No, but I sprayed it with transparent green and that seemed to help. :D

Hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) this one will be in Under Glass tonight. I suppose we'll see.