Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Corvette Impala

kennb

Looking cool! Just a quick observation, on your side trim, the incut area (cove?) should extend further forward on the front fender. The incut ends closer to the wheel opening than to the door line.

The C-pillar still looks a bit wide to me.

Really phenomenal work in a short amount of time!

post-8480-0-87422900-1378777349_thumb.jp

Looking cool! Just a quick observation, on your side trim, the incut area (cove?) should extend further forward on the front fender. The incut ends closer to the wheel opening than to the door line.

The C-pillar still looks a bit wide to me.

Really phenomenal work in a short amount of time!

you are absolutely correct It you take more time you will see the multitude of things that ate not totally right with it, but it does give a good representation of the car,

... but it does give a good representation of the car,

And how!

I hope I don't come off as overly critical; I just enjoy seeing a model like this develop to its maximum potential.

You've accomplished alot in a short time, and sometimes that leads to "go-fever", and a false sense of need to get it done quickly for no real reason, often at the expense of accuracy. This is especially important if you intend to cast copies. You will almost surely wish you had addressed inaccuracies everytime you pick up a copy, and realize you could have taken care of it in the prototyping.

You definitely have the feel and flavor of the real car, just not quite there YET! Good luck!!

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions....Rusty,,,I don't think you are critical....just offering opinions,,,good ones too thank you..I am taking them to task to get some of the things fixed that needed to be that can be fixed. Some revisions are being don and one that has bothered me from the beginning may get adjusted,,,,,it is one that would be very difficult to do.

One thing people are forgetting is that I can and do spend 8 to 10 hours a day on building some models when I get into them...If I had anything else to do this would be week 5 of the build at least...........................I am not fast,,,just have a lotttttttttt of time. :P

One thing people are forgetting is that I can and do spend 8 to 10 hours a day on building some models when I get into them...If I had anything else to do this would be week 5 of the build at least...........................I am not fast,,,just have a lotttttttttt of time. :P

That's just like me in Summer Vacations! :D

Very nice work with the concept. I've always thought that this looks very good and your build is looking fantastic. I can't believe that you created that masterpiece in so short time. I can't wait to see more..Oh and what is your plan for the windshield? It looks quite tricky to my eye, and I have same kind of problem with one of my Corvettes.

PA150475_zpsf6eca167.jpg

PA150477_zps2ce8c4eb.jpg

Looking very very cool! Those wheels look great....Where are they from?

I got the wheels in a trade specifically for this build,,,,,,,,,,maybe Maserati or Ferrari...he was not sure. I agree that they look like they were made for this build.......

Edited by kennb

did some work on the grill bumper...still needs some adjustments and changes,,,,,,also time for color check raw color and no clear coat........ I am hoping the color appears close enough to the original....there is one problem that I have on this and that is the photos are 60 years old and on the net so I am not sure of the true color,,,,,,,

will have the interior colors stared tomorrow.....................

DSCN6044_zps2a5fbd69.jpg

DSCN6049_zps8c88aa6a.jpg