Model Cars Magazine Forum

pre war resin

well guys,

this started off as just making parts for me mainly because i have been laid off for almost 7 months now

talked to the guys in the chat room a few different times and i told them about a log manifold i made that can fit almost any v8 ( its a two piece design ) and you can mount up to 4 97's to a side well some guys wanted a few so i said sure ill make a few extra.

well this got me to thinking and asking questions thank you Art Anderson you helped me out a lot !

so with in the next few weeks here is what im going to be casting in resin i was going to do it in epoxy but was talked out of it

1. 50's style log manifold for v8 engine

2. OHV conversion for model A 4 cyl engines

3. Columbia 2 speed rear axle

4. steel wheels in different sizes and a wide steel wheel for slicks

5. ARDUN OHV conversions for ford flathead v8

6. fire power valve covers for early hemi

and i will have a website called pre war resin

if you guys can think of any old hot rod parts i should cast please let me know

parts i need for molds

moon gas peddle

strongberg 97 carb

40 ford deluxe dash board and column with wheel

Scot blower and other blowers from the 40's and 50's

40 ford backing plates

Buick finned drum's

37 ford tube axle

doped I beam axle

model A & T rear cross member with a non flawed buggy spring

lever action shocks

flipper hub cap out of the revell 50 ford F-1

olds fiesta hub cap

spun moon disk

different brands types of flathead aluminum heads for 21 stud 24 stud motors and v8 60's

lincoin v12

lincoin MEL engine

ford Y block

if you send parts you will get free copy's back also

on my site i plan on nothing being over 10 bucks and i will offer 2nd's at a heavy discounted price

Edited by tylersloan

Nice idea. I especially like the proposed pricing ;)

STewart

Thank you i have never did anything on a scale like this i dont expect to get rich and retire im doing this because i love the hobby and i love to build things with my hands .

i was/am a welder ive welded with tig mig and stick and i always strive for 110% quality with my work i understand this will take some time and research to do right and im going to do this right or im not doing it at all .

There are at least 2 Ardun conversions on the market already. out there. One is in the Revell/Monogram '50 Ford pickup. Another is by Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. They also have a S.C.o.T. blower to go with it.

Replicas and Miniatures also offer several different log-type manifolds.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but there's not much point in reinventing the wheel. Especially when you're competing against Norm at Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland.

i totally understand were your coming from Lee

this is why after i thought about it im going to master some heads like the craiger OHV conversion for the model A

and master the heads for the ford flathead that no one makes like edmonds weiland stay tuned for picks of the masters

Here's a short list of small items that are currently not available in the aftermarket. Many of these you could sell in multiples. They are big labor saving details for Old School rod builders who land up having to fab them with each build:

1) 2, 3 & 4 carb cast aluminum fuel logs.

Mp1010.jpg

2) Nicely done steering parts for scratch building steering systems

Simple worm gear style frame mount steering box:

FR1540-lg.jpg

Pitman Arms:

WOR-0901-STER-18-300x200.jpgChrome_pitman_arm.jpg1002sr_22_o+steering_then_and_now+pitman_arm.jpg

Ford style steering arms with or without tab for cross steering (to accept tie rod for fabricating steering linkage):

7022760_T.jpg91632033_T.jpg

Upper steering arms:

95035026_T.jpg7204010_T.jpg

3) Combo front shocks and headlight bracket (so you don't have to steal them from your Revell Deuces)

4) U- joints for fabricating driveshafts (so you don't have to steal them from your Revell Deuces)

Edited by gbk1

Also, how about some unique engine parts not offered by anyone else....

5) 4 carb manifold (similar to Tattersfield-Baron, etc.) for Flathead V8's.

0611clt_08_o+egge_obsolete_engine_parts+ford_water_heaters.jpg

6) Buick Nailhead Hop-Up parts for Revell and AMT engines:

Decent tubular block hugger exhaust manifold for Revell or AMT Buick Nailhead V8's.

bnh1_600.jpg

Various multi-carb manifolds for Buick Nailheads (3 97's, dual 4-barrels, 6 & 8 carb logs).

offenhauser-buick-nail-head-dual-quad-intake-manifold_180615467000.jpgbuick-nailhead-log-intake-with-carbs-364-401-425-ratrod_180625836805.jpg

TA%205190.jpg

now this is what im talking about guys !!!!!!!!! and there are all great ideas ill see what i can do for y'all the parts you guys just posted is what im in to and i know what your saying about the fuel blocks there a pain .

the steering arms and upper arms may or may not be hard to make in resin ill try it i just dont want them to break on y'all the nail head manifolds are in the works and so are the headers .

steering box i can do that also .

drive shaft u joints will be coming with a drive shaft and the shock/headlight mounts will be done also

just keep em coming and tell me what you guys want

Edited by tylersloan

I should change my screen name to Dream Killer. Pretty much everything in GBK1's post could be made with Evergreen sheet plastic and a punch and die set. It would be easier, cheaper, faster, and more durable than resin.

Way to go! Obviously there is a slight demand for these things.

Very slight.

I don't see you making them & offering them to others that have no inclination to be "cheaper, faster & easier".

There's a reason you don't see me offering these parts. It's because scratchbuilding is cheaper, faster, and easier. To offer this in resin would be foolish. What would someone pay for a 1/24 Pittman arm? It's a tiny piece. Nobody's going to pay 15 bucks for it. It's a waste of RTV and resin. Want a tutorial? I'll post one later.

ok Lee,

you made your point now i want to make mine who said i was going to sell one steering arm for 10 bucks ? I would offer 8 in a package for around 6 dollars .

and even tho i agree to a degree with you about the parts not being strong and have a risk of breaking i would like to point out that Norm offers them and his hold up .

im not going to offer every thing that's already been made im going to offer mainly my own parts that has not been made before and if you or any one else dose not want to buy from me that's ok because there are a lot more that would want them behind you .

as you can see there are already people that have posted in this thread and my pm box is getting a lot of pm's every day about parts they would love to have. so please stop clogging up my thread and make your own before mine gets shut down i need peoples input .

have a nice day Lee ,

Tyler .

Who said he was gonna offer a pittman arm for $15?

Certainly not me. My point was that it would need to be so cheap that it would not be worth the caster's time and money. You have a habit of inferring malice in other peoples' posts.

If someone feels that their time is worth 13 cents an hour, hey more power to 'em. In fact, send 'em my way. I have some plans for a deck and goldfish pond I want built in my back yard.

Certainly not me. My point was that it would need to be so cheap that it would not be worth the caster's time and money. You have a habit of inferring malice in other peoples' posts.

If someone feels that their time is worth 13 cents an hour, hey more power to 'em. In fact, send 'em my way. I have some plans for a deck and goldfish pond I want built in my back yard.

the way i see it your the only one interfering in MY post every one else seems to think this is a good idea .

if you want some one to build a deck and put in a pond well your not going to find any one to do it that cheap sorry .

and as the steering arms go dose any one read what i type ? im also planing to add them to a complete kit with a front axle and all the parts for the complete front end one stop shop for there rod project .

can we please not get this thread locked thanks again .

No Malice Intended. But it IS what you said in you post. You Said it ( I made it bigger so you could see it - just in case you missed your own comment)

All I did was quote it.

Edited by LDO

You guys all need to take deep breath and chill out.

Tyler is ok... he's just looking for some input regarding his casting ideas.

And Lee was just saying that maybe some of the parts Tyler was thinking of offering were either already available or maybe easier to scratchbuild.

It's all good... we can talk back and forth about stuff here without getting angry. B)