Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy

Porscheman

Sometimes I build Chevies. This one is painted in Testors lacqeur and Tamiya blue tint on window. You won't find engine or chassis details on my models, I'm a interior/exterior finish guy. I do enough engine and chassis detail on my 1 to 1 82 Porsche, besides; I can't see that well anymore :blink:

Al

I also included a picture of my almost restored Porsche engine.

Edited by Porscheman

That's really nice, Al! Great color for the '56, and really well done! I hear what you're saying about engine/chassis detail. My 63 year old eyes don't like straining over tiny plug wires and such. If the engine's under a hood, I don't usually detail it. I've done a few, but it's too much like work! I wire hot rods with exposed engines, but that's about it!

Sam

Hey Al. Nice work. Yeah I'm with you to a point on the engine work. Lately I've done a bunch of curbside models as going nuts on engine compartments gets to be a chore if I try to do it on EVERY model. I'll do one or two detailed builds and then do some curbsides to "give it a rest". I'm soon to be 66 and retired, and like Sam said above, the eyes need a break... thankfully my Optivisor helps a LOT for doing the small stuff. Keep up the good work.