Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '66 Chevy Impala

Drago

No news but here's some photos of the built up that was at I-Hobby Expo last fall. I say It looks pretty darn good to me.

66ImpSS01-vi.jpg

66ImpSS02-vi.jpg

66ImpSS03-vi.jpg

I'm sure I'll be buying at least one. Hopefully we'll get a full review from Bill and Len before it's released.

-Steve

No news but here's some photos of the built up that was at I-Hobby Expo last fall. I say It looks pretty darn good to me.

66ImpSS01-vi.jpg

66ImpSS02-vi.jpg

66ImpSS03-vi.jpg

I'm sure I'll be buying at least one. Hopefully we'll get a full review from Bill and Len before it's released.

-Steve

Steve, is it just me, or do those wheel flares look just a little heavy and crude?

66ImpSS02-vi.jpg

Sigh............As I mentioned in a previous post, the roofline still doesn't look correct to me. :P

Sorry, but rooflines to me carry the "signature" of a particular car. If they're not right, it makes the entire car off to my eyes. Test shot or no, I'll bet ya this doesn't change with the release of the kit. ;) I've never owned a '66 (or any '65-'66 GM B-body hardtop) but having seen sooooo many of these as a kid in the '60's and as a teen in the '70's-------I can spot the subtle things wrong with the roofline shape in a minute!

Edited by MrObsessive

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice kit...big block 4spd..all white plastic..stock only..decals for whitewalls,emblems,dash etc..body looks very nice, mold lines very slight.. tires look tiny (mine had two short shots out of the 4) looks much like the 65's in part count etc..has AC details..

northern california...LHS apparently has a deal with revelle for early releases...i was surprised to see it...on the "other board" someone from arizona also got one..again,sorry for no pics...it has a butternut yellow box art model on it...

nice kit...big block 4spd..all white plastic..stock only..decals for whitewalls,emblems,dash etc..body looks very nice, mold lines very slight.. tires look tiny (mine had two short shots out of the 4) looks much like the 65's in part count etc..has AC details..

Lucky you, I am wanting this kit really bad.

You have me jealous...

I find it interesting the kit is labelled as a "'66 Chevy SS396 Hardtop", while the description on Revell's 'site mentions Impala. I'm no '60s Chevy buff, but was it possible this same bodystle could be had in the Biscayne line, too? :lol:

It reminds me of Revell's '65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16 from the pics posted on the layitlow forum. I'm sure this kit'll make a lot of people happy, and give others something to nitpick.gif

Edited by Casey

I find it interesting the kit is labelled as a "'66 Chevy SS396 Hardtop", while the description on Revell's 'site mentions Impala. I'm no '60s Chevy buff, but was it possible this same bodystle could be had in the Biscayne line, too? :lol:

It reminds me of Revell's '65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16 from the pics posted on the layitlow forum. I'm sure this kit'll make a lot of people happy, and give others something to nitpick.gif

The Bel Air and Biscayne were not available with the fastback roofline. The lower line models used a more "formal" roofline that was similar on the 2 door and 4 door versions.