Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Hudson & Chrysler 300

Art, hopefully these folks will get both the Chrysler and the Hudson "Correct ". I'm tired of reading at least from the "Arm Chair " engineers that THIS or THAT isn't dead on the money . Hopefully , the positives will outweigh the negitives here and the kits will become a finiancial sucess and these twirps wil be too busy building their pristene examples well into 2012 when everything comes to a complete stand still anyway .Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver

Today, I got a good long look at the tooling mockups for the '55 Chrysler C-300, and it's just as awesome as I said the Hudson was! I mean, they nailed the look of the body to a T, and in the engine bay--you couldn't put a scale shoe in there with a gold plated shoehorn either! Underneath, all the greasy stuff is just simply beautiful.

Can't wait to see the test shots!

Art

Today, I got a good long look at the tooling mockups for the '55 Chrysler C-300, and it's just as awesome as I said the Hudson was! I mean, they nailed the look of the body to a T, and in the engine bay--you couldn't put a scale shoe in there with a gold plated shoehorn either! Underneath, all the greasy stuff is just simply beautiful.

Can't wait to see the test shots!

Art

Guess the old resin 300's we collaborated on are completely obsolete now :D

Which is fine by me...can't wait to see this one...and all of the Moebius models. Great stuff.

and STILL no pics.....ill believe it when i see it. April fools in June

As I have stated previously: 1) The mockups do exist. 2) The kits will be made (mockups themselves are a very big expense already), and 3) I am not the one authorized to post any pics of the mockups (Dave Metzner has, however, posted some pics of the International Lonestar Semi tractor on another, much larger message board even though they have long since scrolled off there).

Sorry you are so skeptical--just hang on for a few more months!

Art

What burns me, though, is how some people don't seem to be able to appreciate these updates you've been providing us with for what they are. Please do not let people like that deter you from continuing to post them!

Dittoes! Thanks, Art. :(

and STILL no pics.....ill believe it when i see it. April fools in June

When are people here going to give Mr. Anderson the respect he deserves??? He is a longstanding person in this hobby, and there is no way he would feed us a line of bs. Thank you Art, for your reports. When I get to see pics, I will be glad, I am just happy to hear from someone very knowledgeable, that these kits are going to be worth the wait, unlike some other kits that have been done recently.

Edited by midnightprowler

Thanks for the continuing updates, Art! I've known of you and your outstanding reputation in the industry for years and was pleased when I found out that you were on this forum so I personally, will take your word on these projects. Dave Metzner has also posted pictures of the International Lonestar mockup in the 'Model Trucks' section of this forum. Just look for 'Moebius Models 2010 International Lonestar Tractor' back on page 3. If you contact him, maybe Dave would post some teasers for you guys here? B)

Thanks for the continuing updates, Art! I've known of you and your outstanding reputation in the industry for years and was pleased when I found out that you were on this forum so I personally, will take your word on these projects. Dave Metzner has also posted pictures of the International Lonestar mockup in the 'Model Trucks' section of this forum. Just look for 'Moebius Models 2010 International Lonestar Tractor' back on page 3. If you contact him, maybe Dave would post some teasers for you guys here? :unsure:

We've not yet seen the Lonestar mockup in person yet--still a few engine details that needed to be worked out as the engine is the all-new Navistar-Cummins 15-liter diesel. Dave and I both live in Indiana, and both Cummins and Navistar International are in this state as well (Cummins in Columbus, Navistar in Ft Wayne), so he's been getting superb information from all sides. The mockups and tooling for Moebius are being done in Hong Kong, by the same company we both worked with when we were at Playing Mantis several years back--so they are a very well-known quantity to the both of us. With the great distance between here and China, a LOT of emails and pics get sent back and forth in a process like this, but it won't be very long before that puppy is sent here for final review and licensor approvals.

Can't wait! (even though I'm not a builder of modern trucks per se'.

Art

Oh, meeeeeeee neither! There are those who quibble about the looks of the truck, but I'm as eager for it as I am just because it looks so aggressive - the subject might just generate cross-genre appeal among modelers that way.

So the next question is how we might cajole, sweet-talk, or bribe(?) Dave into flippin' up some pics of the Hudson and Chrysler mock-ups once they hit the same stage as the Navistar...

Hi Art,Do you have any idea when those kits come out,the Hudson and the 55 300 ,How much they will cost and what hobby shops will carry them?I'm not to much into early 50's cars,But those two struck an interest with me,I always wanted the 55 300 as I'm a MOPAR nut!Also the Hudson being the beginings of what we all know now as the now defunct American Motors Corparation!Keep us posted my friend,I'll be getting atleast one of each when they come out!As these have been on my want list forever!Now if they would do a 70 300! B)

Edited by spkgibson

Hey Art, correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't ole Sky King have a Chysler for awhile in the ol T V series ? Dang , I'm gettin too darned old ! I'll be 60 this year ! Ed Shaver :lol:

Yeah, Sky King drove a '56 Chrysler Town & Country station wagon for a couple of seasons.

Art

Hey Art, correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't ole Sky King have a Chysler for awhile in the ol T V series ? Dang , I'm gettin too darned old ! I'll be 60 this year ! Ed Shaver B)

haha ,, Ed's not even 60 yet ... one of the babies among us! ... but at least his memory is starting to fade.. B)

Edited by Foxer