Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chassis Component Paint Question

Hi Guys,

I am building a civilian version of an Oshkosh M978. This is a military fuel tanker based on the HEMTT chassis

.photobucket-31579-1346555621168.jpg

My question is: “What color(s) are the chassis components?” I am planning on painting the frame itself the body color. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David

Not Oshkosh specific, but body color, black or a medium dark grey would be my choice based on most trucks I've seen. Body color seems to be more common on higher end stuff where they don't mind paying a little extra to make things prettier.

Not Oshkosh specific, but body color, black or a medium dark grey would be my choice based on most trucks I've seen. Body color seems to be more common on higher end stuff where they don't mind paying a little extra to make things prettier.

Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I am in the process of painting the chassis components like the axles, springs, etc. Busy at work at the moment. I will update the build thread soon.

Hey bud. Could you give me some detailed dimensions on the cab and stuff? I want to build one in 1:24 scale since no one sells much military in this scale. Thanks.

JT,

I don't have a 1/35 scale ruler to convert the measurements for you. I WISH that someone made a 1/24-1/25 scale kit of the M978! One modeler built a large scale R/C version that is easily found on the Internet. You may want to pick up a 1/35 scale kit to use as a master to get your shapes and measurement conversions. Good luck.

David