Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help with info on Glidden 1994 Pro Stock Thunderbird.

For some time I have been looking for good visual reference of Bob Glidden 1994 Quality Care Thunderbird and the only thing I could find is some promotions cards and long distance pictures, do any one knows where I could find good detail pictures of this particular car?

I want to build one in scale to make company to my other scale Glidden projects I am working on.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

Out of all of my research data for Glidden this is the only image that I had. I did an added search and nothing else showed up. It's probably going to be hard to find any good research material for this car as it didn't accomplish much due to this being near the end of his career.

Glidden-vi.png

Jim, Thank you very much for the pictures wich are the first ones I see upclose of the car apart from the promotional card that Wayne posted and that come up in internet search. Even if this car did not achive much is for me an important piece on the long line of Glidden cars....apart that I find the car quite good looking, it will look nice with the Motorcraft Thunderbird and 1978 Fairmont.

Once more thank guys for the help and pictures.

Bob retired from racing and from Ford factory support in Feburary 1997 driving a Ford Probe, this came after a big blow out with ford a couple of years earlier saying how the new Mustang in pro stock was not competitive and Ford was spending too much money on the funny car programs.,they didn't renew his contract when it expired at the end of 1996.

Try posting a message as to what you are looking for exactly on the Facebook group called Nostalgia Pro Stock. There are a lot of the drivers on there as well as photographers. Maybe someone in that group has some pics squirreld away!

Thanks for the advice and info, unfortunately I dont use a or are sign up at facebook but will ask a local modeler friend who is there for the favor....I know facebook is considered by most as a great site and communication tool..I am just to old school to keep up with it!!! Thanks again for the help and info,greatly appreciated.

Robert Patrick and John Konigshofer both ran Ford Quality Car cars over in IHRA. The pic above that is not Bobs, is JK. Look for some pics of them to go along with your search.

Edited by Paul S