Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

I got tired of scratching my head over the front suspension and decided to move on and make a little progress, I removed to upper coil over mounts sense I'm going to use a strut type suspension, I went ahead and soldered it in place, I was getting tired of trying to align everything as I was mocking up other parts....IMG_1368-vi.jpg

Looking good Bill, wish i could get motivated to work on mine.

Thanks Joe, yea I am finally getting motivated myself!!

Bill, this is one of the most amazing builds I have ever seen.

I'm looking forward to seeing more. GREAT JOB!!!

thank you very much Rob

x1000000 This thing is phenomenal! Absolutely the nicest engine I have ever seen!

Just more spectacular every time I check in.

that is very kind of you both! thanks

I all so got the rear cross member completed with the drive shaft loop installed and ready to solder into place, as well as narrowed the frame rails down to except the floor pan, this needed to be done to keep the floor level with the rockersIMG_1379-vi.jpgIMG_1378-vi.jpgIMG_1380-vi.jpg

after soldering the rear cross member into its final place I will start on the rear frame rails, thanks for looking

your killing me this car is far beyond a real cuda in awesomeness. if only it ran

Yeh, Bill. You may want to consider running it across the Barrett/Jackson auction block when it's done. Let's see if we can get the first $1,000,000.00 model. Plus, that would provide you with the money to buy more tools. :)

Looks like you're off to a great start on the frame. The center cross-member looks cool. Good engineering.

Don't make the mistake I did and leave your peanut butter samich on the hot brass. It burns the bread and melts the peanut butter! :(

your killing me this car is far beyond a real cuda in awesomeness. if only it ran

Jake, that would be cool huh? thanks

Yeh, Bill. You may want to consider running it across the Barrett/Jackson auction block when it's done. Let's see if we can get the first $1,000,000.00 model. Plus, that would provide you with the money to buy more tools. :)

Looks like you're off to a great start on the frame. The center cross-member looks cool. Good engineering.

Don't make the mistake I did and leave your peanut butter samich on the hot brass. It burns the bread and melts the peanut butter! :(

hey Alyn, if that were the case, we would be on our way to Barrett- Jackson as soon as it was done!! it's coming along slowly, I do alot of thinking and studying! it is more challenging than I had originally thought, but I think I will get through it eventually, I do hate it when my peanut butter melts! thanks bro