Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need some dodge and plymouth info

Chrysler ( Australia ) did. We call them utes, short for utility ( vehicle ). Google ( image search ) Valiant Ute.

Chrylser_Valiant_1966_VC_ute-vi.jpg

Here's a photo of my favorite Aussie Ute, the Valiant VC Wayfarer. This one is based on the US 1966 Valiant wagon and was produced through 1967. It's on my bucket list to have one of these someday!

I bought a Rampage in 1983. Ordered every option available except kept the manual trans. Thought it would be a good commuter and maybe pick up some small stuff..Black/red very sharp..Kept it a few months, nothing but trouble. Nothing fit, Fit and finish unheard of...Lost lots of money on it but traded it for a shortbox Dodge Ram 6 cyl with air...Rampage smallest little POS I've owned in my life and I've

bought new cars every year since 1969...Big mistake...

I'm pretty sure that is, sounds like he's started building a RWD, 16v Daytona Shelby Z drag car now too!

Yes, the first was the grey 2 door with 2.2 turbo + RWD, he helped build it for another owner, and then his red Shadow FWD raced even up to now, he makes tubular subframes for the FWD crowd too, Cool stuff!!

I bought a Rampage in 1983. Ordered every option available except kept the manual trans. Thought it would be a good commuter and maybe pick up some small stuff..Black/red very sharp..Kept it a few months, nothing but trouble. Nothing fit, Fit and finish unheard of...Lost lots of money on it but traded it for a shortbox Dodge Ram 6 cyl with air...Rampage smallest little POS I've owned in my life and I've

bought new cars every year since 1969...Big mistake...

I think you described every American car of the 1970s-80s. In 1981 I was licking my wounds on the huge nightmare of owning a new 1979 Mercury Capri V8, and decided to buy a new Nissan Stanza 4 door hatchback with a five speed, sunroof and a/c. It was at a Ford / Nissan dealer so I looked at the new Fords in the showroom. I thought the new LTD was good looking (the small one) and upon looking over the one in the showroom, I saw that the chrome bumpers ended in misshaped burrs, the fit and finish was awful and even a seam in the middle of the front seat had been missed by the needle. There was nothing holding it there. Seeing that quality on the one they saw fit to showcase, I decided to pass. I proceeded to buy the Nissan that served us well for the next decade without a whimper!