Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Impala Custom and his Hemi Hydro

Dominik

Hallo buddies,

perhaps, you remember at my 60' Impala, that i showed you time ago.

While i am searching the net, i found a manufactur, who builds unique boats, that looks like the towing vehikle. For example i saw a 59' Impala and a 57' Bel Air.

While i saw this, my brain get a "klick" to do it the same way.

So..i grab the Hemi Hydro (Revell #H-1312) from the shelf and a 60' Impala out of my trash. Cut the Impalabody at the B-pillar and bashed both together. Dashboard and "trunklid" is scratchbuilt. Much sanding and putty needed, a lot of nerves and gray hear lost. dont know, how often i took filler to check the work. dont know, how often i sanded it.

The easier part was to to the same paintjob like the Impala. Sure, that the trailer became taillights and a working winch.

here is the result.

1960er Impala Custom mit Custom Hemi Hydro

CIMG120529_013.jpg

Some pictures from both together:

CIMG120529_018.jpg

CIMG120529_019.jpg

CIMG120529_014.jpg

CIMG120529_016.jpg

CIMG120529_015.jpg

Note to the Impala. The hitch is inserted, not glued. Perhaps, the boat gets another towing vehicle.

Edited by Dominik

By far one of my favorite combo builds. So clean with tons of style and beautiful color combo. I deffinatly have to build something like this one day. Any photos of either motor compartment and underside or maybe a build page? Real nice work, great build