Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boulevard Creeper-51 Fleetline

Modlbldr

Thanks guys. I may go with just a bit of z'ing the frame. After looking at it it really doesn't need to come down too much. Perhaps half the depth of the frame.

Oh, I forgot to include it but I had replaced the front suspension parts with the parts from a Super Stallion Mustang. A bit more modern than I was looking for but it had the parts I wanted.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

• 1 year later...

So I dug this one back out to work on it. Here are some photos of where I got before I put it away.

I liked the taillight treatment on this 1:1, so I tried to copy it.

20140816_220753.jpg

20140816_215949.jpg

20140816_220021.jpg

20140816_220036.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do to get the taillights done. Now you may be able to tell why I got burned out on it.

But, it's back in the rotation.

Now to get to work on it.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Looking at the above photos one thing that has bothered me is the great amount of space between the rear bumper and the rear pan. To reduce this I decided to slope the rear pan more toward the rear by laying it more on a horizontal. To do this I began by cutting through the rear pan on each side at the inboard side of the taillights and then pushing the bottom of the pan out toward the rear.Confused??? It will probably make more sense once I post pictures of it. That will be later though. Next I will work on cleaning up the actual taillight areas of the rear fenders.

Later-

What a great project you're doing Tom as I've seen the Voodoo Creeper 1:1 many times and have known "Voodoo Larry" Grobe since the 70's when we were in the same model car club together. I hear that he still builds model sometimes. With the way you pay attention to detail, I'm sure that your Creeper is goin' to be awesome!

Thanks again for all of the fine comments. I appreciate them.

High Octane- I would love to see this and a few of his other builds in person.

So I have been continuing the focus on the rear fender area. Fitting the taillights has been a chore since I just hacked a spot for them originally. Now I am having to go back and fit and fill the areas. I am close now. I think the tops of the fenders are finalized.

20140821_094501.jpg

20140821_123040.jpg

20140821_123213.jpg

20140821_123222.jpg

I made a rear splash pan that follows the contour of the bumper.

I still have a lot of cleanup and I want to make some chrome taillight surrounds.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bumper, but for now I don't have many other ideas.

Later-

Correct. I got the idea for the taillights from a picture of Yenry Herrera's 50 Chevy Fleetline that uses laid down 56 Packard taillights.

20140821_214454.jpg

He also uses a 56 Chevy rear bumper and I have been toying with the idea of this too. If I do, it will require extensive reshaping of the rear of the car and the bumper.

Later-