Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

I thought I recognized those wheels on the trailer as being from the IMC kits. I wouldn't mind having one of their '65 Plymouths again.

Very obscure kit, but two showed up on eBay this past week - Premier's 1/24th scale English Ford Prefect 100E:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

It would need a lot of whittling to correct, especially around the windshield and side windows, but it would be a great alternative body for a gasser! Anyone here have one?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I have that Charger too. And the twin/Modified Cordoba.

Built Way Back When!

The white one is the Charger (Painted afte r the plastic yellowed badly)

, the Green, the Cordoba. (only the Vinylsection of the roof is painted here--Plastic polished otherwise)

The one trailer is from MPC's 1/32 73+Chev Stepside pickup

The Flatbed is Scratch-Built

1-32trailers-1.jpg

Oh Yea, I replaced the small Lindberg tires with rubber/Vinyl ones from IMC 1/32 Nascar kits that were

converted from Slotcar bodies. So they are Not correct for a Street driver!!!! But, They Do Fill the wheel wells better!!!!!!!!!

And, Yeah, I think I need to re-paint the Charger!!

you could have used slot car wheels/tires...

Since the IMC kits Were Slotcar bodies with a Flat interior plate, with a promo type chassis added,

I Did use Slotcar tires!! (Didn't I??)

Yes, The rims on the Orange trailer Are from on of the IMC 'Kits'

tires on it are the Lindberg CHarger/Cordoba pieces!!

Rims on the flatbed trailer I think came from an MPC 1/32 Chevy Pickup, Tires are MPC 2-pc Styrene

likely from the Tran Am Police kit

I have 2 of those and one has Lindberg tires on it

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• 1 month later...

I thought I recognized those wheels on the trailer as being from the IMC kits. I wouldn't mind having one of their '65 Plymouths again.

Very obscure kit, but two showed up on eBay this past week - Premier's 1/24th scale English Ford Prefect 100E:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

It would need a lot of whittling to correct, especially around the windshield and side windows, but it would be a great alternative body for a gasser! Anyone here have one?

If I did, it'd already be built - bone stock!

Anyone here have one?

I do.

Funny thing is - it was bought over the counter at a (severely disorganized) local hobby shop about three years ago.

c4ba0631-f939-459f-aa2a-8e656fde0b33_zps

The box is pretty much gone, but the content is all there. It will take quite a bit of dedication to make anything out of it though.

Edited by lysleder

I do.

Funny thing is - it was bought over the counter at a (severely disorganized) local hobby shop about three years ago.

c4ba0631-f939-459f-aa2a-8e656fde0b33_zps

The box is pretty much gone, but the content is all there. It will take quite a bit of dedication to make anything out of it though.

I know a lady who owns a 1:1 version hotrodded with a Pinto engine. Twice as much power as the stock engine. I'd love to have a kit like yours.

Edited by lordairgtar

This one is not impossibly old, but is somewhat obscure and I'm sure quite a few of you never knew it existed.

Behold the Aoshima '99 FD3S RX-7 in C-WEST trim. Nothing too special so far, but this one is the Left Hand Drive issue. You don't see these too often.

DSCF1265_zps1171073a.jpg

DSCF1266_zps59ca55c8.jpg

NakamuraCougarContents_zps4d1978c7.jpg

More from the 71 Cougar above - from eBay Japan...looks like an interesting kit - I am not one to judge accuracy on a mercury Cougar though...

Just noticed. It looks like body is already painted in this kit. Is that true? And if so, in how good of a job? And is it possible to see more photos of this kit?

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

The Faller "Brücke am Kwai" kit was reissued in the Eighties. There is one on Ebay Germany. Click:

$T2eC16F,!ysE9sy0gGI4BQqJP-qEfw~~60_12.J

I wouldn't happen to be this kit that Higgins was building on in the Magnum P.I. series? I remember he was building the bridge over the river Kwai apparently because he was there when the real thing happend. I belive our hero Thomas managed to destroy the model at one point, maybe because he was chased by the lads? :lol:

This one is one of those batteling for the title worst kit ever.

003-vi.jpg

No, I don't have this one. It's the Revell kit, but under another Logo.

I did look at this "gem" of a Mercedes from Sharp when we was at a modelingshow in Sweden last year. It is truly bad, I'm interested in one but only because I own a 1:1 Mercedes /8, a 1975 240D and to be honest, if I had bought it I would never have built it.

Here is some pictures of the contents:

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

They seller wanted 1000 swedish Kroner for it, quite a lot when other kits I bought there was Revells Ice Patrol Chevy pickup with snowmobile and also Revells 1:16 Chevy stepside with motocrossbike called Mountain Cruiser. These where 400 swedish kroner each.

According to the online currency calculator 1000 Swedish kroner is 133USD at the moment. I have seen more expensive kits but they have also looked more like what they are supposed to look like.

I have not looked trough all of the 42 pages of this thread but has anyone posted this before?

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

It os 1:25 scale (1:25ish anyway) and like many old promos made in acetat plastic so like so many old promos it has wapred beoynd repair. Very simple kit, apparently sold by the Buick dealers (that also sold Opel in the states). I got if of Ebay some years ago. Don't remember what I paid for it but who cares about the price anyway ;)

I did look at this "gem" of a Mercedes from Sharp when we was at a modelingshow in Sweden last year. It is truly bad, I'm interested in one but only because I own a 1:1 Mercedes /8, a 1975 240D and to be honest, if I had bought it I would never have built it.

Here is some pictures of the contents:

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

They seller wanted 1000 swedish Kroner for it, quite a lot when other kits I bought there was Revells Ice Patrol Chevy pickup with snowmobile and also Revells 1:16 Chevy stepside with motocrossbike called Mountain Cruiser. These where 400 swedish kroner each.

According to the online currency calculator 1000 Swedish kroner is 133USD at the moment. I have seen more expensive kits but they have also looked more like what they are supposed to look like.

That's too bad. I like the subject matter. And I need one of Opels above. Very cool!

Scott

Edited by unclescott58