Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Daytona- Fujimi Enthusiast Model

jaymcminn

That one is drop dead georgeous!!! I saw a real one in that color, with a black interior at a dealership when I was in college. I have had all of the Fujimi Enthusiast Series kits, and built this one in Yellow with a blabk interior, and the Porsche 911 Cabriolet. Your build puts mine to shame.

One of my most favorite designs! Beautiful build you have and great save! I have an original still sealed and the re-pop from a few years back that I certainly need to get built. Although I am unsure of the color to this point. Thanks for sharing a great piece with us.

Chris

I just did a search on this Model (kit) and behold your beauty of a build sure got my attention..

I just bought this kit at the NNL-West Model Car Show held in Santa Clara, Ca last Saturday to go with my other Ferrari Model kits.. while i almost always paint my Ferrari's Red / Yellow...But after seeing how nice yours looks with the Blue color on it....I am indeed going to paint this Ferrari 356GTB/4 "Blue"

Question: how was the part's fit...any issues?...

Thanks and Cheers Don aka XJ6

Don, the word "issues" is a bit mild to describe the challenges in getting this model together. Don't get me wrong- it was a blast to build- but there is a lot of work that goes into the last few steps. First, as I mentioned earlier, you might want to section the wheel hubs by about 1/16 inch. This should narrow the track just enough to make it a little more realistic. That having been said, the look of my coupe with the wheels pushed out a little has grown on me- it's pretty aggressive-looking.

Second, the interior sides seem to interfere with the one-piece window unit. I wound up trimming about 3/32 off of the bottom of the body sides to get the body to sit down properly. It's tough to get the interior centered properly as there is an annoying lack of positive locating tabs for the interior sides, which can lead to the body sitting lopsided on the frame.

Finally, I would recommend that, unless you are opening the trunk, you leave off the fuel tank and spare tire detail at the rear of the chassis. You'll probably have the body off the frame a few times getting everything to fit right and it's a lot easier to maneuver the body off without the "saddlebag" fuel tanks at the back. It is in no way visible whatsoever once the kit is built.

Don't let these niggles deter you at all- this kit is a challenge, but a fun one. It's one of the best-engineered of the Enthusiast kits and builds into a fantastic model if you're willing to put in the effort. I liked it so much that I ordered the Spyder when HLJ had them on sale a few weeks ago!

• Like 1

Jason...Thank-You very much for the info...and the Tips & Trick's on the assembly of this kit....for this indeed will be my first Fujimi " Enthusiast Model Kit"

I have printed out the valuable information and put it with the kit....this is good to know....Now i have more instructions to follow.. ;)

Quick question....Which brand and color of Blue did you use ?

Thanks again.....Very Much....Cheers Don.. B)

Edited by XJ6

Jason...Thank-You very much for the info...and the Tips & Trick's on the assembly of this kit....for this indeed will be my first Fujimi " Enthusiast Model Kit"

I have printed out the valuable information and put it with the kit....this is good to know....Now i have more instructions to follow.. ;)

Quick question....Which brand and color of Blue did you use ?

Thanks again.....Very Much....Cheers Don.. B)

Don, that is Tamiya TS-54 Light Metallic Blue over a dark grey primer base (Duplicolor Hot Rod Grey). Glad I could help!

• 8 months later...