Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #187 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Real! I vote Real!

Boy, I'm really dialled into this challenge. I really got it going on. I get almost every one right! I'm a whiz! I rock!

Wow. I sure do impress myself with this ... now that I've got a system figgered out.

-_- = That's satire, Jim. Don't gitcher bloomers in a bunch ~ we're just funnin' here.

Real Model. No brake lever or throttle? Explain that! OK, maybe it's not finished. It looks real but, I'm going with model.

Glad to. This Bike called "Hot Rod" , currently owned by John Mellencamp was built by Russ Mitchell founder / owner of Exile cycles. It was built on Biker Buildoff..

If you look closely you will see disk brakes front and rear.The hydralic lines run to a hidden proportioning valve to adjust the FtoR brake bias and are both hooked up through the foot pedal. the throttle cables run through the handlebars. note the button on the Jockey shift knob ? Thats the line lock button, for starting out on a hill from a stop.

Russ pioneered the "twist Clutch" also...using Harley Davidson ideas for both throttle and ignition advance

Riding-Hot-Rod.jpg

http://www.exilecycl....php?section=19

hotRod5.jpg

Edited by MikeMc

I say its a model. There is no handbrake and no gas handel.

That's the reason I said real, not many modelers are going to try to hide the wiring, & all the cables, on the other hand a full size biker will on occasion, to clean up the appearance & not to have so much "clutter" around the front of the bike.

Kinda ironic, when I was doin' the custom/racing thing with my brothers bikes that we went to so much work to conceal all of those cables & such, now if I left them off a model, everyone would think it wasn't finished properly, 'cause I didn't put the cables & wiring in place.