Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modlers Junction in Methuen, MA is closing

I took a ride over to Methuern today ot pick up a few things and was welcomed with a 30% off closing sale. This is a great little hobby shop. He indicated that it was just really hard to make any morney anymore...seems like I've heard that somewhere else recently eh ?

It's too bad. I am fortunate. I have a Hobbytown right in my town. THey are not great at carring the extra junk we like, but they do OK and have lots of paints. THere is 2 more Shops in Salem, NH. One is pretty good the other pretty bad (more of an RC shop). So while I am kucky to have several hobby shops nearby, this one was my favorite. The owner treated everyone like they were spending 1000 bucks, and I enjoyes chatting with the guy the times when I want over there.

Guest Anthony Oteri

Now this one really blows! Wayne is a great guy and it is really a shame that he is closing. What the hell is going on in the hobby? I hope Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro is not the next victim, they have the most incredible selection of paint I have ever seen.

Guest Anthony Oteri
My sister lives in Chelmsford, only a few minutes from Hobby Emporium. Whenever I visit her I HAVE to stop there. It's a great hobby shop...

Hobby Emporium is about 35-40 miles from my house so I don't get the chance to go there all the time. I do try to go there every 6 or 8 weeks and when I do it's and easy $200 between me and my son. I got to know a couple of the guys in there about 6 years ago as I was doing work in the shopping center where they are located. They are real good guys to deal with and to just talk models with. It really is a shame that Modelers Junction is closing. Wayne was the guy who set my son up for resin casting and mold making and has always been helpful.

I took a ride over to Methuern today ot pick up a few things and was welcomed with a 30% off closing sale. This is a great little hobby shop. He indicated that it was just really hard to make any morney anymore...seems like I've heard that somewhere else recently eh ?

It's too bad. I am fortunate. I have a Hobbytown right in my town. THey are not great at carring the extra junk we like, but they do OK and have lots of paints. THere is 2 more Shops in Salem, NH. One is pretty good the other pretty bad (more of an RC shop). So while I am kucky to have several hobby shops nearby, this one was my favorite. The owner treated everyone like they were spending 1000 bucks, and I enjoyes chatting with the guy the times when I want over there.

Sorry to hear about that fine store closing. . . I've only been there twice in 2002, but it was great to see how the owner treated us. It's a sad day for the hobby. . . B)