Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Man that camper looks like a great find Brad! Lots of opportunity for detail with that one!!

Kevin: Lookin' forward to seeing the outcomes of those kits.

I picked this up this morning off of Ebay for $75.00 to include shipping. These kits were rare in the fact that they were only made for one year in 1978 so they go for $150+ nowadays. I had one as a kid and always wanted a second shot at one. Looks like I've got one now.,,,,, Chewy_zpsdjygjnjt.gif

A different set of wheels and tires, some cool 1/25 scale accessories and some Alclad here and there.......

Would love to see a review on this one. An interesting looking kit.

image.thumb.jpg.02ff3e7d589ee74630de6cafNot much... :D

The two Revell Ford Panels and the two S&H Torinos (one is with my sister for a birthday present) were each $14. All the rest was $40, and the GTO sans-custom parts is going to my sister, as well.

Got some HW and MBX cars, too: Custom Chevy Luv, Coronet Superbee, Bone Shaker, Chevelle SS396, Porsche 934 RSRT, Chevy II, Supra, Fiat 500, and a Sedan DeVille.

Man that camper looks like a great find Brad! Lots of opportunity for detail with that one!!

Kevin: Lookin' forward to seeing the outcomes of those kits.

I picked this up this morning off of Ebay for $75.00 to include shipping. These kits were rare in the fact that they were only made for one year in 1978 so they go for $150+ nowadays. I had one as a kid and always wanted a second shot at one. Looks like I've got one now.,,,,, Chewy_zpsdjygjnjt.gif

A different set of wheels and tires, some cool 1/25 scale accessories and some Alclad here and there.......

Nice Score!! One of my all time favorite kits! Luckily I have a couple in the stash along with all the other versions of it. 

Last issued as the 70's Custom Van, minus all the off road goodies. 

image.thumb.jpg.e3061eecd5684c3ec7d5c08fI recently purchased this kit specifically for the camper, as I intend to do a ’59 El Camino w/camper, just like the one I had as a kid, but the ’59 w/camper seems to be very difficult to find, and way too expensive when I do see them.

I got a box of parts with the stuff I got today. I think the camper for this is in it.

Shoot me a message and we can dicker on it.

*Well, this is actually just the cap from the Gear Hustler... if you're interested in it, though...*

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

image.thumb.jpg.02ff3e7d589ee74630de6cafNot much... :D

The two Revell Ford Panels and the two S&H Torinos (one is with my sister for a birthday present) were each $14. All the rest was $40, and the GTO sans-custom parts is going to my sister, as well.

Got some HW and MBX cars, too: Custom Chevy Luv, Coronet Superbee, Bone Shaker, Chevelle SS396, Porsche 934 RSRT, Chevy II, Supra, Fiat 500, and a Sedan DeVille.

If anyone is interested in the Rolls, the Auburn Pyro kit, the Imperial, or the Hyper Hut, message me.

Kudo's to Dave Metzner and the good folks at Moebius Models....

A replacement cab for the 71 Ford Pickup from Moebius Models arrived in the mail yesterday....

I purchased it from an online seller and found it was damaged upon opening the box....

I spoke with Dave at the Detroit Show and he assured me their Customer Service would take good care of me....

Now that's the way to do business ....

Cool score!!! I just got an older version of that GTX at the last model show I was at. Nice kits Kevin!!!

Thanks, Joe. I've always liked the look of the '71 body style, and I seriously like the '68 Charger, so I'll be grabbing one of those for myself as well. Next month I think it'll be the '59 El Camino, for one of my "grail" projects.

When I get it in the mail I'll open it up and shoot some pics. There's no chrome in the kit but from what I remember as a kid it wasn't hurting for detail OOB.

Here's a pic of this mean mudder kit from a current auction...

mike

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...