Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring 70 1/2 Camaro *First post here*

ll Brandon ll

This is going to be hot! what are the wheels from?

The wheels are the stock '10 Camaro SS wheels with some lips from a spare set of Aoshima rims I have. I think they look awesome. I dont think Im gonna leave the center chrome, think Im gonna do a aluminum look with the polished lip.

Welcome to the forum Brandon, where abouts in NC are you?

That is a nice looking start, hope to see more of it soon.

PS- forum rules state your full name is to be included.

I am in Central NC, about 40 minutes from Raleigh. Thanks for the heads up, Ill edit that.

@Olskool, good luck on your build my man. It seems to be a pretty solid kit, Im enjoying it so far. Ill look out for your build as well.

I am in Central NC, about 40 minutes from Raleigh. Thanks for the heads up, Ill edit that.

Any good hobby shops near you? Slim pickings here in Charlotte. Are you aware of the show in Clemmon NC tomorrow? The CKM is hosting their annual show and it is a good one- lots of great models and vendors.

Keep posting those builds!

Any good hobby shops near you? Slim pickings here in Charlotte. Are you aware of the show in Clemmon NC tomorrow? The CKM is hosting their annual show and it is a good one- lots of great models and vendors.

Keep posting those builds!

I have a Hobby Lobby local and thats pretty much it. About 40 minutes away in Archdale is a place called KC Hobbies and its an awesome place. They have everything from styrene to detailing parts, paint, supplies, kits, etc. Its a little bit of a drive but I try to get what I need for a month or so when I go so its worth it. Ive heard of that show, I have a 50 Ford F1 Ive built that I wanted to enter but Im not sure if I can go or not yet. Ill have to post up my F1 for you guys. It was my first build and I put a TON of work into it. I dont really do box stock.

The wheels are the stock '10 Camaro SS wheels with some lips from a spare set of Aoshima rims I have. I think they look awesome. I dont think Im gonna leave the center chrome, think Im gonna do a aluminum look with the polished lip.

Man, they are freakin killer! I love the rims, would love to get my hands on a set of these. Welcome to the site, can't wait to see what you got in store for us with this build.

Thanks for the kind welcome and kind words, guys. I appreciate it. That said, an update. Doesnt seem like much of an update, but this was ALOT of work. I hope to have a rolling chassis by tonight. This is my first time building a frame from scratch, so comments and criticism is welcome.

stp61223.jpg

stp61224.jpg

stp61226.jpg

stp61227.jpg

stp61228.jpg