Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Reese" style trailer hitch.

I made a prototype of a Reese style trailer hitch. Thinking about adding this to my product line, so I'm looking for some feed back. The hitch will come in kit form. The side brackets will be separate and can be trimmed to the desired drop to fit under the rear bumper. The cross bar will be extra long so it can be trimmed for width between the side brackets. There will be two types of mounting brackets, "L" shape for offset mounting on the frame and "strap" brackets for flush mounting to the frame. The receiver will have a 6" drop. With the side brackets, cross bar and mounting brackets all being separate, you should be able to mount this to just about any frame. Please let me know what you guys think, it would be greatly appreciated....cheers...Danny

BHITCH1.jpg

BHITCH6.jpg

BHITCH7.jpg

BHITCH5.jpg

Thank guys for the feed back and taking the time to respond, appreciate that. I'm going to start on the molds and should have some ready to go by next week. I'll post info on pricing and shipping when I get a few made. Again, thank you fellas...............cheers..Danny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks James and Greg. I meant to post yesterday that they were ready but got sidetracked. The ones on E-bay are all sold. I do have 2 left from the web site. Making more as I type this. Thanks fellas for your interest and hope to have more by tomorrow night.

Thanks James and Greg. I meant to post yesterday that they were ready but got sidetracked. The ones on E-bay are all sold. I do have 2 left from the web site. Making more as I type this. Thanks fellas for your interest and hope to have more by tomorrow night.

Yeah, the first 2 on Ebay I bought. LOL

Within minutes of paying I had a tracking #, you don't mess around. LOL

Edited by JamesW

Yeah, the first 2 on Ebay I bought. LOL

Within minutes of paying I had a tracking #, you don't mess around. LOL

James I thought that was you!..lol I had your order ready to go for Monday morning but didn't realize the post office was closed, so it went out this morning....thanks again.....