Model Cars Magazine Forum

LETS SEE THOSE CHEVY PICKUPS S-10/ SILVERADO LATE MODELS

JUST PICKED UP A 95 S-10 SS THAT IM GOING TO TURN INTO A PRO TOURING/DRAG STYLE TRUCK MODELED AFTER MY 1:1 I HAD IN HIGH SCHOOL WITH UPGRADES I NEVER GOT TO OFCOARSE LOL SO LETS SEE PIC OF ALL THOSE LATE MODEL CHEVYS OUT THERE

FINISHED OR ON THE BECH SHOW US THOSE CHEVYS BOW TIE CREATIONS

DSC00697.jpgsummer_05_023.jpgDSC00080.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

is that stock hight ......i think the extream is lower than the ss i have i think i am going to pick that kit up and use the suspension parts ......what motor is this can you take a picture of the underside and the frame as well as a pic of the motor

looks good i like the full blacked out front end i will post updates of my truck in the thread i created for the entire build but thank you for your post

Couple of mine...

Shaved handles,tail lights, roll pan. dash. door panels, valve covers, intake and console

IMG_7040_zpsd803181a.jpg

IMG_7038_zpsfa223ab5.jpg

IMG_7036_zps1b6b105f.jpg

Raised bed floor too

IMG_7041_zpsecc3d005.jpg

CAN YOU SHOW THE UNDERSIDE OF THE FRONT END ID LIKE TO SEE WHERE YOU CUT THE WHEEL WELLS AND THE REAR SLAM IM WORKING ON MY FRAME NOW ITS IN ITS OWN THREAD ON THE TRUCKS WORKBENCH I HAVE TO UPDATE IT

I can try and get some pics this weekend, I don't have any of the underside on my laptop right now. I originally cut the fenders out to have it lay frame, but after I z'ed the rear of the frame I liked the nose-high aired-out look so I just left the front suspension at stock height.

here's a whole s10 thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38668&hl=

and here's a few of mine.

Monogram 93 s10

129.jpg

My 1:1, 99 sonoma 4.3 auto. Smokey caramel metallic paint, Bravada front bumper, ss street scene mirrors, 18in ridler 695's, De-badged and de-striped, cut bump stops, leather/power seat swap. Hoping to get the full zq8 suspension package on it here soon(front coils, leaf springs, shocks, and front/rear sway bars) and also tint the windows, clear headlights, smoked tails and a magnaflow exhaust.

null_zpsb10053e5.jpg

null_zps9d30e541.jpg

A pic from today:

null_zps2d6626ad.jpg

and the replica wip;

null_zps5d862349.jpg

null_zps55106dc8.jpg

null_zpse0af9dd0.jpg

Plus I have alot more 1st gens to build but lately I've been focusing on the 1:1.

Edited by Jared Roach

Oooooh I love me some S-Series trucks! I dig the pics, 1:1s and models. I've got a few planned for the hobby bench but like Jared said, my full scale needs some attention this spring. MN weather had been teasing us these past two months.

Jared, I just went through that thread that you linked, I was thinking about that when I saw this one but couldn't remember how long ago it was. Your truck has come a long way from that first pic you posted, looking good!

Edited by Toast

I have several Silvo's in progress. LoL

First up:

1999 Silverado Lo-Go - First Issue w/ Scratchbuilt Control Arms, Flipped Axel w/ blocks. Stuck on wheel choice.

Silvo2.jpg

2000 Silverado K1500 Crew Cab 4x4: Two Silvo's and a Caddy Died in the process of making this conversion. Still in Progress.

DSCF2835.jpg

1990 Silverado C1500 Flareside. 1st Reissue, modded the rear bed to make it more like a Step Side. Might strip and repaint.

90C15001.jpg

90C15003.jpg

And there ya have it! One day they'll get finished. LoL

Finally a Topic after my own heart!! Still angry GM killed off the Sonoma and S-10. Personally i think the Colorado and Canyon are ugly boooooooooooooooo. Awesome models everyone!!!

i agree i owned a silveradoss after my s10 vortec then motor swap and i loved the s10 more when all said and done for gas milage and speed plus my s10 swap was a 5 speed and more fun i agree with you i dont like the colorado except for one i saw in sport truck mag with a ls1 swap and caltech bars nitrious all made to be stock apperence

check this colorado out so sweet

http://www.sporttruck.com/editorial/0912st_2009_sport_truck_magazine_year_in_review/photo_23.html

do they make a colorado kit id love to make one like this truck in the link i have the original magazine with like 12 photos coving the whole truck which i could use as a guide ????

Edited by silverdreamss

He he, some shameless promotion of my favorite S-10, mine!

Here she is clean,

MT-01.jpg

but she's much more fun when getting dirty!

Z-03.jpg

Z-02.jpg

I have a kit and plans for an exaggerated version of my truck but it's on the back burner right now.