Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dirt Late Model Camaro

James2

I hate to let good parts go to waste. And since I'm using the BBC from a Camaro kit. This is what the body will become.

It's loosely based on a early 70's dirt car. I wanted to show some of the body mods before applying filler. You can see them in white styrene.

The nose and wheels are from FRW, And the hood is from a later Camaro. The chassis is being recycled from an older build and will be modified quite a bit.

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks, James

Edited by James2

• 3 weeks later...

The body work is pretty much done. My search for a Super Stocker chassis has ended for now. They are hard to find and way to expensive at this point. So I did the next best thing.

Started scratch building one! Using the front clip from the Camaro kit, some Ever Green and some reference pictures. Here is what I came up with, so far.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

28.jpg

I've been Making bits and pieces, fitting and shaping things. The driver is from a Sprint car kit, cut up and re-glued all the joints.

I set the suspension for turn four. The car will be on a base like this one is.

J2048.jpg

Thanks for looking....

51.jpg

52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg
The blocks are available in resin, or some older kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, it is you fellows who inspire me to be better.

Painted and began detailing the body. The rivets where painted with a mechanical pencil dipped in silver paint, and the decals are UP Scale Classic found at a swap meet. Tamiya White and Mat Black decanted and airbrushed on.

After it dries for some time the inside will be painted black as well. The chassis is coming along also, flat grey with some subtle weathering.

The engine and compartment is almost done. Scratch bent headers with Alclad and water color wash. I'm liking it sofar!

The driver will be next...

61.jpg
62.jpg
64.jpg66.jpg
Edited by James2