Model Cars Magazine Forum

Frank Mundy Hudson

2002p51

This is a car that I've wanted to do for years. I had to not only wait for Hudson kits to hit the market but for decals to be available too!

Hudson01-vi.jpg

Hudson02-vi.jpg

It's not completely finished yet because I haven't done the engine. I may or may not install one, we'll see.

By the way, these are Power Slide decals and are probably the best decals I've ever used. . . . ever!

Anyway, I just love the colors and graphics and how well they work on this car!

That is just breathtaking Drew! Those colors really pop, how can you go wrong with red white and blue? I'm in love :wub:

Thanks Bruce, but it's funny, for a simple, one color, non metallic paint job this thing kicked my butt. I repainted the roof three times before I got it right!

But yea, I do love the graphics on this car.

I got the engine finished up this morning.

Hudson03-vi.jpg

Hudson04-vi.jpg

I drilled out the distributor and head for plug wires only to find that I'm completely out of black plug wires! I don't really feel like waiting until I can order more so it goes in as is!

And I'm not totally convinced that these engines were raced like this, especially with those pretty but restrictive stock air cleaners. But, I can't find any good photos for proof.

And, technically,this whole thing doesn't belong in the NASCAR section because Mundy mostly raced under AAA and USAC sanction. :D

Hudson05-vi.jpg

Edited by 2002p51

Nice!

I knew PennGwen did this decal set, wasn't aware Powerslide did one for the Mundy Hornet too.

About the plug wires... why not grab some in another color and brush paint them black? Not knocking you for not adding them, just curious. :D

Oh, I suppose I could. Hard to keep the non-flexible paint on them while they're being installed. Even harder to paint them after installation without getting at least some paint where you don't want it. Not really worth the effort when, realistically, no one will probably ever get to see under the hood.