Model Cars Magazine Forum

66' Chevell Ss

ajulia

hello all ! Just to update everyone i had two builds that were gifts for Xmas this is my father-in -laws teenage street racer. OOB set-up except for side exhaust pipes and rims are from the 70' Chevelle. The seat belt and engine-bay detailing 'marks for me my first experience Thank You All here @MCM Forum believe it or not u all have contributed with this build. Ive been on this board since Oct of this year' there is so much great talent and what is even better everyone is willing to give advice and tricks of the trade' thats why i said u all helped build this one. I have to finish up the 65' Mustang Fastback for my mother -in law. Thank for listenin' and as always thanks for sharin" comments ideas anything!

Peace

AJulia

66ChevelleengineDetailedwengineconf.jpg

66Chevellemock-upinHotBloxx.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1174.jpgDSCF1058.jpg

readytogo2.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

Have to place right side laker and add the door handles; side mirrors and decals n some more BMF

The body color is Testors Blue Metal Flake (thinned and airbrushed applied).

Thanks for your time

AJulia

Nice progress so far,

Is it the picture or did you had some problems with brushing on the left-rear panel?

Hello there friend! Thanx for pointing that out. I notice it myself after the fact i posted the pic Thank goodness i havent began final assembly yet. Will take care off that right after the errands with the mrs. Thanx for the post guys. B) will mos-def keep in touch.

Peace

AJulia

Guest roadkill2525
Excellent build!! May I ask who makes this kit and is it currently available?

This is the Lindberg kit, it is currently available. I've only seen one in two counties, its about $22 at my local Hobbytown.

Hello gents! Thank you for lookin means alot and sorry for the delay in reponse. Progress has been very slow due to job duties and 4-month lil girl "Anabelle.

Roadkill2525 is correct this is the lindberg. I have to say that the build has been fun for the exception of the windshield suffering from a bad warp. I replaced with clear acetat and smoke acetat for the side. I have more progress pics from the last few days. Still waiting to go to the LHS for decal set, and finish cleaning up the engine bay. I think the metal wash on the some of the chromes accents parts and a MSD box would finish it off. Thanks to Detail Masters. I hope yall like it. Keep on wit the keepin on".

Peace

AJulia

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

1baddass66.jpg