Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest E Pic

CAL

Great Job, she's looks almost ready to Stampede the streets of Cali :D

:o ooooooooooo, she's looking GOOD!!!! Keep it up man. Eleanor is still one of the best looking Mustangs ever (and she's a Chip Foose design)!

Chip would be the first to tell you that the Remake Eleanor wasn't his design, it was concieved by Automotive Stylist/Designer Steve Stanford. Chip was the one they hired to take Stanford's design and make her reality!

Kit Car Mag even did a write up on her:

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/..._kit/index.html

what I WANT is a resin conversion kit that turns a 67 fastback into the eleanor. i am almost pos that CAL had a project like that that would supply the flairs/rocker panels the hood, fascia, scoops for the rear quarter windows and the wheels and maybe decals. i could have sworn i saw it on the old hobby heaven boards, but i could be just imagining it. i have a 67 GT500 kit from AMT all ready to go :D.

what I WANT is a resin conversion kit that turns a 67 fastback into the eleanor. i am almost pos that CAL had a project like that that would supply the flairs/rocker panels the hood, fascia, scoops for the rear quarter windows and the wheels and maybe decals. i could have sworn i saw it on the old hobby heaven boards, but i could be just imagining it. i have a 67 GT500 kit from AMT all ready to go :D.

Yeah, that was me.

That was the original intent. However, I became impractical to do it that way and have all the bits line up to produce a reasonable result. I had to take my individual parts and work them on the body itself to get it close to right, which is okay.

Note the original Eleanor's bodywork was all feathered, and there is only ONE real Eleanor. It's in Jerry's garage - he is afraid to drive it, at least last I known. It is all the copies that have the seams. I am sure no one in there right mind would want to permanently Eleanorize their 67 GT 500 so the Eleanor kits for the real car are stick on junk.

What I have considered in lieu of all the parts is a complete body. I just not sure the interest is still there like when the movie first came out.

In any event, I am going to finish up all the bodywork before making that decision. It is getting close.

ecar.jpg

Edited by CAL