Model Cars Magazine Forum

359 PETERBILT (Revell Snap Tite)

What's goin' on...

I started this project nearly over a year ago that got put into storeage when I moved back in w/ my girlfriend. This weekend I was at the storeage unit and I decided to bring this home to finish.

This is the Revell 359 snap tite kit built far from box stock. The tires,suspension,and marker light lens' are from the AMT 359 kit. The headache rack is from one of the R/G Pete kits. Diamond plate is from several R/G kits. The mud flaps are Evergreen Scale .015 sheet styrene. The decals I made using BMF decal paper. Company placards (on the battery box/storeage box) are of a fictitious trucking company. The girl on the mud flaps I found on the internet and modified to size I have no clue who the artist is. Inside the cab I used Plastruct styrene sheet tiles for the upholstry. The seats were flocked.

Thanks for lookin'

1309499286_23b2daca14_b.jpg

1309499254_ce2a84dd73_b.jpg

1309499246_06d31b6b48_b.jpg

1309499186_8abb0eba61_b.jpg

Pics are a bit dark but that doesn't hide that it's a clean build! Actually looks good in the "late evening". I think this kit is under rated. It has lots of possibilites, even if built without any mods. The Cat engine for example is quite well detailed. Thanks for sharing a beautiful specimen. Dan