Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blown Pro Street VW Crew Cab

ScrappyJ

First time posting pics on Model Cars, so I apologize if I foul it up. Some of you that know me (like Gregg and Jairus), also know that I love VWs. Well this is a redo of an old project I did in about '95.

Blown-fegnutten

CRW_0086_RJ-vi.jpg

CRW_0093_RJ-vi.jpg

The VW emblem. the ring is turned so that the bottom of the dish is billet and the VW (made from styrene) sits inside of the dish:

CRW_0092_RJ-vi.jpg

Engine sitting in the bed of the truck:

CRW_0094_RJ-vi.jpg

The various parts for the engine:

CRW_0110_RJ-vi.jpg

Way kool VW. I like the reversed motor...like we did with Formula Vees back in the day.

You model reminded me of one that I saw on the salt flats last year. It cause quite a commotion and gathered crowds wherever it went. I saw the owner driving it on the road between the freeway exit and "Lands End" (where the paved road stops and the salt begins) and it appears that he drove the sucker all the way to Bonneville from wherever he lives. 'Course, he coulda trailered it to Wendover and just driven the few miles to the salt. But no matter...it was just extra kool...as is your van.

http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2005/sw/0508..._025r8_jpg.html

I look forward to seeing the end product. Thanks for posting this.

Dirk, you amaze me, as usual

Can't wait to see this one done

Will I see you at the Atlanta NNL in November?

Thanks, Gregg!

Hope all is well with you.

My intention is to be in Atlanta for the November show, but am not sure the Crew Cab will be finished (not sure if anything will be finished, for that matter). Either way, I plan on attending and will bring the projects with me (along with the custom bikes).

See you there!

Way kool VW. I like the reversed motor...like we did with Formula Vees back in the day.

You model reminded me of one that I saw on the salt flats last year. It cause quite a commotion and gathered crowds wherever it went. I saw the owner driving it on the road between the freeway exit and "Lands End" (where the paved road stops and the salt begins) and it appears that he drove the sucker all the way to Bonneville from wherever he lives. 'Course, he coulda trailered it to Wendover and just driven the few miles to the salt. But no matter...it was just extra kool...as is your van.

http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2005/sw/0508..._025r8_jpg.html

Ray-

That van is awesome! And they drove it to the flast, huh? Wow.

I look forward to seeing the end product. Thanks for posting this.