Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Chevelle

SQFin

An old AMT kit that I bought as a built junk only because I had built a similar kit as a kid some 20 years ago. Thought it wasn't that bad so i disassembled it and stripped the paint. I wanted to use this "worthless" kit as a test bench for my first ever two tone paint job. Didn't work out as good as I hoped for, but will do for a rescued junk kit. ;)

Engine wired and plumbed (also MCG wire looms to sort out the ignition wires). Aluminium air cleaner. Wheels and tires from parts box. Also flocked the floor (and failed miserably)...

IMG_0003-vi.jpg

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

IMG_0005-vi.jpg

IMG_0007-vi.jpg

IMG_0012-vi.jpg

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

Picture238-vi.jpg

Picture250-vi.jpg

Edited by SQFin

As an individual trying new things as well, I can understand where you're coming from when the technique you're trying doesn't come out as good as some of the pros on this forum. But I don't see any flaws here, just a beautiful model. Really love the air cleaner poking up through the hood.

I think it's a pretty good looking Chevelle Osku. The paint job looks good to me and I really like the wheels and tires you have on it. Only thing I don't care for is the big air cleaner through the hood.

That is not a bad looking build, not sure why you are down on it? The only flaws I see is the stripe on the right rear quarter, which really isn't that bad, and the lack of a shifter, unless you swapped in a Chrysler push button trans! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As an individual trying new things as well, I can understand where you're coming from when the technique you're trying doesn't come out as good as some of the pros on this forum. But I don't see any flaws here, just a beautiful model. Really love the air cleaner poking up through the hood.

Thanks Rusty and everyone else.

I'm a perfectionist and it does bother me when I build. I just can not build as flawlessly as I want to. With this paintjob, the thin Aizu tape I used for the this line, leaked a bit, so I'm not happy. Wide Tamiya tape did it's job. I guess I just wasn't pushing the thinner tape in hard enough... I'll try to do the next one better. ;)